Lease takeover deal check - 18’ M3

Selling my 16’ Vette and looking for something short term while I wait on a C8 Z06.

Is this a decent deal? Seems the money he’s asking for is tied up in MSD’s

Payment is $899, with $5k down but there is $6300 MSD on the car. That $1300 incentive comes out of the MSD at lease end. 10 months remaining and by the time you get the car it will be more like 8 payments. $7200 in payments, plus reg, dmv and tax. Factor in dispo fee at lease end plus possible wear and tear. How long is your wait for the the C8? If you got $10K to burn, then YOLO.

1 Like

It’s essentially $639 a month, after you get the incentive at the end of the lease, providing you don’t have to pay any additional sales tax etc. you basically oh the fees to ground it and I’m confident you’ll get to inspect the car for any necessary wear and tear .

1 Like

Yes it is all things considered. Id ask if the $899 actual payment includes their local tax or not. You are not likely to touch a current model M3 at this payment under equivalent terms (if you can even find one).

Yes, that appears to be the case. The seller is asking for $5000 of their $6300 in MSDs at transfer, and you get all $6300 back at the end. Thus, the effective $1300 incentive (on the back end).

There is also the $500 transfer fee (plus tax) and the $350 disposition fee at the end to consider as well. Lastly, its possible you can get a 2 month extension from BMW once you get within 60 days of termination such that you can eeeeeeek a bit more out of the car and further dilute the fees a bit.

2 Likes

@West_Indian good call on the taxes, from what I’ve read it’s a “depends” on your state, same as far as you know? I’m in Connecticut…

Could be anything from they charge nothing, to the KBB on the car, or… who knows.

Great details, thank you all.

Who knows how delayed the Z will be! The used car market is so hot right now selling my 16’ makes a ton of sense, and agreed it’s $ but life is indeed short.

Factor in the cost of replacing tires if that hasn’t been mentioned already

1 Like

BMW collects tax on behave of the state on the remaining payments, at least in NYS I can confirm from experience but that applies to a lease that has 12 payments or more. Maybe, You can get away with it here with 10 payments or less but it is out of state it could be additional cash out of pocket. It’s a good chunk of coin to give to hop into a summer car and then pay more at the end to offload an the end if the year. Maybe it will have equity, worthy a flip? Just for reference I sold my 6 month old audi S5 lease to a 3rd party for $42k last august, I ran that vin again with more miles this week and it came in at $46k 9 months later. Check the buyout and current trade value.

1 Like

This is infact a solid deal. Also worth mentioning the MPEs are quite rare and worth every penny…
@wiresonly knows all about MPEs

3 Likes

Massive shortage on MPE right now, they do sound quite good :slight_smile:
:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Username checks out.

2 Likes

Amazing deal. Pull the trigger

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.