Lease Takeover - 2018 Camry XSE with panoramic roof - only 2k miles - $326 a month (including tax) ZERO DOWN!

@AceMerchant That doesn’t really make sense. Wasn’t the entire tax already paid to Texas DMV? Is Texas DMV going to reimburse/refund TFS the taxes, which would then make the payments go?

I have been paying taxes as part of the monthly payments. Once the car is registered in TN, TFS will adjust the tax amount they will collect as part of the monthly payments.

You have been paying the taxes as part of the monthly, but wasn’t the entire amount already paid by TFS to Texas? I don’t see how that tax portion will just be deducted from the loan.

I am not an expert on this topic and there is not much information available on the internet. My guess is that TFS has paid whatever taxes were due to TX at lease inception and let me finance my obligation of taxes. Most probably they will get a credit from TX once the transfer goes through and car is registered in TN, they will pay due taxes to TN and start collecting the same from the new owner.

do you still have this available?

You realize this was from 11 months ago?

2 Likes