Lease return soon - repair dings or take the hit upon return?

Ok thank you.

Thats extremely reasonable pricing for those types of charges. Does every company have an “end of lease kit” that shows you the charge break down?

Anyone know how far in advance of the maturity date can you get a pre-inspection with Infiniti?

So far in my experience it’s 90 days.
But getting the inspection right now I heard it’s like getting a unicorn. they are few and far between.

my wife had a Hyundai that had a similar charge list. It was 1/2 the price to just pay for the over 4" ding then to have it repaired somewhere else.

As for inspections my F150 sat at a ford dealer for 3 months and was just inspected last week.

Because they don’t actually ‘fix it’ it just diminishes the value of the car, and pretty much no labor involved.

I have a 2017 Honda CRV that suffered a tiny (smaller a drop, circular, maybe 0.5mm in length) crack on windshield, went for repair that sealed it to stabilize the crack, but it is still visible. Lease matured and inspection coming up. Do you think I will get charged for that? And how much do you think that will cost me? Anything I can do to minimize out of pocket costs? Thank you!

Do you have full glass coverage through your insurance?

I think partial—when I got that crack fixed, it was fully covered because it was so small–but I believe they told me that if the entire windshield needed replacing, there would have been some out of pocket costs.

1 Like

My experience with Honda has been the charges are more than reasonable. So much so it’s not worth wasting your time fixing any before hand. Your mileage could vary.

1 Like

Is it more than 1/4" or if the crack is visible (and not just a chip) then get ready for the $200 charge.
Basically whatever it costs as a part, you will pay, no labor.

However does Honda have any kind of forgiveness in their leases? It’s been years since my last honda so I don’t remember.

It’s probably a $500 allowance. Check your lease agreement.

Thanks everyone— did some more digging and found the Honda Lease-End Inspection PDF. Leaving it here in case this helps anyone else: https://www.hondafinancialservices.com/static/pdf/HFS%20Lease-End%20Inspection%20Guide.PDF

Basically, if you can see any windshield damage, you’re gonna pay for it (no matter size), but if larger than a dime then you’ll pay for the whole windshield. Smaller, then it’s the charge of the repair. All windshield damage is considered excessive wear and tear and won’t be counted toward the 500 “allowance”.

1 Like

I do not think that is a correct interpretation although I have never had a windshield problem on a return. They use the windshield as an example, not as the only thing not included, it is the same as any other physical damage, the only difference is a scratch only counts if it longer than 3 inches, any windshield crack counts but it does not mean it will automatically cost you because there is a $500 allowance and I did not see anything excluding windshields, if I missed it please let me know.

If you have excess wear and tear over $500 (assuming you are not releasing, then it is higher) you will be charged anything over $500 (although they are pretty negotiable if it is a small amount over) whether it is a windshield or a fender or a rip in the leather. $500 is a credit toward excess wear and tear. This assumes you leased through Honda not a bank or credit union where the rules are not the same. Honda Finance is known for being great on returns

In the link it mentions scratches, I had a small area of actual rust from a scratch on my last return that they noted in the report and I paid nothing, they judged it a $300 repair so it was included in the $500 excess and yes that was a real dent/scatch not a bs one from a door ding, one of my kids ran over a curb at a toll booth and I noticed it

$500 if you are not leasing another vehicle through Honda and $1000 if you get a new lease with Honda.