Lease Quote/Buy Consideration for Grand Cherokee L?

New to the forum and have been doing quite a bit of lurking for a while but looking for input. I am a Chrysler/Stellantis subsidiary employee with Stellantis EPP (and I like CJDR) so looking at SUV options and landed on the new Jeep Grand Cherokee L. I was originally planning to pick up an Altitude model but after pricing it out with minimal options I was quoted a lease price of $625/mo for a 36/30k lease with first payment down. I wasn’t thrilled at that deal and felt the Altitude trim was lacking a lot of options for that amount of payment.

Yesterday I stopped by the local dealer here in Wichita KS to test a GC-L Overland. I was amazed at the options, tech, and premium feel of the Overland and pretty much am set on wanting one. Of course in the current market the dealers are not willing to budge on price and will only let me use my EPP discount t on a new order. Good thing is I’m not in a hurry so I can be patient on a build.

I priced out a Overland in white with black roof, with the ProTech III and Advanced Tech IV options and landed on msrp of $63,570. I was told my EPP on the order was $57k and some change. They couldn’t give me an exact lease quote because they said the MF and RV on these new models can change fluctuate in the next 2-3 months when it would be delivered but they “guessed” a lease payment of $825-$850 was safe to plan for. I’m struggling a bit because at that price I could almost just finance it at low rate for 72 months. I have been going back and forth on lease vs buy all night last night. On one hand I’d like to lease to keep it under warranty until I get something new but on the other I could just purchase and hope to have some positive equity in a few years IF I decide I want to trade out. I really wish the lease payment was more attractive because I’d like to go that route but it doesn’t seem to make sense and I don’t see any regional deals on the GC-L in my area.

Any advice or anything I’m missing on finding a good deal?

The Overland is the worst GC from a lease stand point. You should be able to do a summit reserve for less.

The altitude is the best value option from a lease stand point. Limited isn’t bad.

Sounds like the dealer that quoted you on the altitude wasn’t including your employee pricing.

If you don’t need the very small 3rd row and can wait, youll probably be much better off ordering a 2 row GC 4xe.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the summit but I am not a fan of the interior pattern/colors at all. What has me interested in the L is we have 3 small kids and could use the space from time to time. I tried to convince the wife that our other vehicle, a 2019 Pacifica, can be the family hauler but it would be ideal to have the space for now.

For someone who claims to have been lurking, it sounds like you’ve done very little in the way of researching

I feel you on the interior options. I love the look over the Overland in steel grey, but the extra cost due to the rv hit and the optioning just doesn’t make it a good lease candidate.

Sorry I guess I thought I have done some research but maybe not :man_shrugging: I’ve searched and read up on a lot of the more recent GC L lease deals on here but there are not all that many that are comparable trims and I have not seen deals within my region that I can point to. For the last years I have not had to do much in the way of negotiating because my EPP has proven to be a pretty good deal with rebates in other cars I leased (Ram, Scat Pack, Pacifica) but this time around it’s much different due to the market.

There’s not much need to look at tons of deals on these. You’re going to have to order and there are several brokers that’ll do about the same discount percentage. Compare that to your epp and see if it makes sense to use it or not.

From there, it’s really just about looking at the different lease programs from ccap to pick a trim to order. It’s not going to be an Overland unless you like lighting extra money on fire.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.