Lease payoff quote vs selling to vroom

Hi Hackers!

I have a GLC lease that is going to mature in 3 months. on my original lease contract the RV is 35500, at the moment the MBFS has a payoff quote of 32300. And I went for few online auto shopping websites, vroom was able to provide a quote of 35000.

Just want to double check with folks here that its still wise to return the lease to MBFS since i would have to pay 32300*1.09 (CA tax) + 150(purchase option fee), which is more than the quote i get from vroom (plus extra work/time to get involved) ?

sorry if this looks like a noob question, I just want to make sure i didn’t miss anything.

Why does returning the lease to MBFS and selling to vroom have to involve Sales Tax?

For starters there is a master thread covering all things with regards to selling to Vroom.

Also unless I’m missing something it doesn’t make sense that your payoff now is lower than what your RV is in 3 months time. And AFAIK the state of CA has a sales tax exemption if you buy and subsequently sell your car within 10 days. I would call MBFS to verify exactly what your payoff is and do some more research on the CA tax exemption.

Sold One to VROOM!

2 Likes

Post all Vroom-related questions in the existing Vroom thread.