Lease or Finance - 2024 Mazda CX-5

Looking for any advice on my Lease or Finance situation. Looking at selling my Ford Focus, and getting an SUV instead for the larger cargo space, and AWD. Here is what I’m looking at for a 2024 Mazda CX-5 S Carbon Edition. Sorry in advance, I don’t have the money factor on hand. Residual for the lease was around $20,600.

MSRP - $33,335
SALE PRICE - $32,335
Rebate (Lease) - $720

LEASE
36/12000
Drive Off (~$2k)
$440/mo

FINANCE
60mo @ 0% APR
$5k down
$505/mo

OR

72mo @ 1.9% APR
$5k down
$440/mo

These were the first numbers I got, and they already tacked on an extra $200 to their advertised discount from MSRP. Unit has been on the lot for ~50 days. I feel like maybe they could move some more.

TIA

Finance for sure

1 Like

Finance in this case is the way to go or lease it and after a year buy it out early if you can get a low APR on the buyout as the finance APR.
FINANCE
60mo @ 0% APR
$5k down
$505/mo

Yeah, as much as leasing would be nice on my pockets, and allow me to keep money saved away, if I want to invest in a car, a 0% loan is a good way to do it.

Makes sense.

Is there much more wiggle room than 1k off? It seemed like they took it off so easily, I feel like they’d be willing to go more.

Yeah, I think so! The rule of thumb is to get 1% or more off MSRP on any lease. You can save the 5k from putting down on the finance if you can. Put 2k and save the 3k and if you can get the 0% APR buy out your lease after a few payments and you will save 3k and still be financing while getting in the car at a lower down payment. Just food for thought.

All in all you can’t go wrong Financing with 0% APR

It doesn’t really.

You should aim for a bigger discount for financing. Search the forum and see what discounts others have gotten.

2 Likes

I like where you’re heading, but I might need you to explain it to me like I’m 5 years old lol.

I’m not sure what you are suggesting. There are acquisition cost with a lease. Usually after lease buy out you will not be able to get a 0% loan.

OP. get a bigger discount. Make the minimum down payment and finance the rest at 0%. Good luck.

1 Like