Lease or Buy - low miles/year & don't care about status

First off, thanks to all the experts on LH - been doing a ton of reading on here and depth of knowledge is pretty incredible.

My current lease expires in 2 months and I’m struggling to pick next vehicle. Think I’m a somewhat unusual in that I drive less than 5k miles/yr, personally like benefits of leasing and, while I like cars, just don’t see value in going luxury given how expensive it is to live in my city and how little time I spend in the car. I park on the street and there are no chargers at my office so think that rules out an EV for me, unless somebody has a creative solution.

Pre-LH was leaning towards capitulating and just leasing Honda/Toyota, but become clear in reading LH that’s generally a bad idea. Could buy those brands but appears they depreciate more by model year than miles so not sure additional monthly cost makes sense (yes, I will do the math).

Want to be in SUV in next 3-5 yrs and there are a couple new releases I’m interested in buying lightly used down the road (new 4Runner or Lexus GX) so that pushes me towards doing one more lease; my mileage/make I’m generally interested in pushes me the other.

Any thoughts on what type of car would be best to buy or lease given all this?

How about RAV4 Hybrid?

With your usage, You can make ev works if you have EA or evgo charger nearby and get a lease which comes with free charging on that network. Check Ariya for evgo n ioniq5, id4, benz eq for EA

Interesting idea - thanks for it. I knew nothing about EA or EvGo networks. They currently don’t have a charging station close enough to home or office to charge without a separate trip, but I’ll think thru that a bit more.