Lease on a new Tacoma

Forgive me as this is most likely a redundant topic, but I am attempting to educate myself on this process and want to verify whether this deal makes sense.

I am in Albuquerque Nm and am looking to lease a new Tacoma TRD offroad with the following details.
MSRP of 37,488
Military Rebate of 500
A deposit of 500 that will go towards the Truck
Tax is 262.42
ACQ Fee is 650.00
Service charge 388.88
The residual value of 30,740 for 24 months
MF is 00235
12000 miles allowed. (could even do 10k)
Would love the payment to be around 350 but the dealer is saying I need to place 4k down for that to happen. Although when I do the calculator and configure MSD I seem to get close to 350, so not sure if I’m just getting a bad deal or messing up the inputs on the calculator. I am trying to get the actual money factor but am having no luck. Any information/help is greatly appreciated. Please advise with questions…

If you dont have the rv/mf numbers, then your calculator cant given you a real answer.

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post in the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

Alternately, you can try the Lease Program Query tool on the Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters.

Thanks for pointing that out, I pulled the data from Edmunds and they are showing .00235mf which has been updated in the post…

Is this an actual truck on the dealer lot? I never seen a trd off road with that low of msrp
Toyota doesn’t take custom orders so they always come with a few options

Posting your filled out calculator will help us diagnose any errors

its allocation that I have a deposit on set to arrive in two weeks, There were virtually no factory add ons and it is a manual which lowers the price significantly…

1 Like

Depreciation and rent charges with max MSDs are over $360/mo, not including any fees or taxes, so your calculations are off.

A manual trd off road
I assume it’s 4x4 v6 double cab

That’s a rare specimen

I’d buy it instead tbh

ok I think I got it sorted out here are the numbers in the calculator, CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

that is correct, and it is super rare, was very persistent in nagging my sales rep until this allocation dropped, even in the color I wanted, to say I got lucky is an understatement…

Your RV doesn’t match your original post and didn’t mention you were putting $1600 CCR. You can reach any monthly number with a CCR

I apologize for that discrepancy ,here is the corrected calculator CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

I understand I can reach any monthly number with a downpayment, more concerned about whether it makes sense or if it truly foolish to place a down payment on a lease…

It is foolish to place a down payment on a lease.

Terrible idea to put so much DAS. You should put max MSDs or do a one-pay lease. Also consider doing a 36 month term as the monthly would be much cheaper.

This is a good candidate for a balloon loan with a 72mo payment around $330 and TTL due upfront.

Thank you for your service.

1 Like

I got on the list since December for a manual one at msrp in ca got the call 2 weeks ago that they can’t promise me one no more because they are hard to come by

You are blessed

1 Like

Im sorry to hear that, its rough out there right now, even harder here in Nm since they are not allocated large volumes like the surrounding states, I had literally cast a net all the way up to CO and again got lucky that ABQ got an allocation that met my goals…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.