Lease on 2022 Tacoma Trd pro manual

So I lucked out yesterday and was at the dealer when they got an allocation of a lime Trd pro which is what I wanted. Pretty sure I’m going to buy it but wondering if it would make more sense to lease. Arizona tax is 10 percent on a buy. It’s 4K adm on the truck. I can put down 9 msds no problem. I know Toyota is high but figure the residual is around 75 percent. I will probably drive a few thousand a year.

Buy it…. You don’t lease pros as they don’t lose much value. 4k mark up isn’t bad at all. Sold my last one a couple months ago at 6k over. If you keep it 3 years you’ll prob pay like 3-4k/year to drive it if the market stays level. Even if it crashes you shouldn’t be in terrible shape at all with the markup. Wouldn’t hurt to ask for another thou off either. Worse they can say is no

2 Likes

4k on a pro in AZ is decent. Purchase, not a lease.

2 Likes

Yeah I traded my 2021 Tacoma Trd pro for 6k more as well when my wife picked up her 4runner Trd pro last month. Purchase it is !!! Thanks guys.

2 Likes

I have a line on a 22 Lime TRD pro Tacoma at 2k over. Do y’all have any insight on whether or not it might be flippable, even with state taxes? So say, 56.5k otd.

I wouldn’t think so. The lime color is not catching on really I am out on the Tacoma forums and read people getting them at msrp and also sitting on lots with a markup. In fact I have one coming in but am seriously looking at canceling and going with black. I was all into the lime until I saw it. It’s like a Seinfeld two face. Some light looks amazing other light horrible like a Kia Soul.

1 Like

Did she pay MSRP on the 4runner or with markups?

They are referencing the Tacoma, not 4Runners (I still see some ADM on 4Runner Pros in my area, OH).

I was curious about the 4Runner actually. Thought about getting a TRD Pro but really wish the new model would be released soon.
How much ADM are you seeing? I heard even pre-covid, they are hard to get at MSRP.

I do then at 3k over msrp with my fees included the last couple I sold. I have Tacoma’s around the same also on pro.

Average I’d say is 7-8k over. Most dealers are 5-20k over

Roughly $3-5k markup on the TRD Pro 4Runners. I am picking up a Limited in a few weeks as it is in transit. I thought about the Pro, but just didn’t suite my needs as much as the Limited (plus I am getting an employee discount on the Limited, which they are not doing on Pro’s right now within my company).

Yes, some dealers have been charging up to $20k beyond sticker over the past few months I have seen from a few 4Runner forums.

1 Like

3k over is not bad, 5-20k is just too much.

Most dealers were getting 5k pre pandemic in AZ, so if you can get anything less than that you are doing well. Most used 2021 4runner pro’s are getting around 63k to 67k here in AZ. BTW these last year 4runner pros I believe will be as desirable as FJ cruisers in the future, after all that’s what they really are. Many people won’t want a 4cylinder turbo engine that’ll be in the new ones. I got a 2021 for 59k with 2k miles.

I have a lime pro for 1500 over msrp in the northeast availabke immediately. My fees included. Great deal!

3 Likes

Wow what a deal

1 Like

Someone needs to jump on this.

1 Like

I kinda feel the same way regards to your comparison with FJ cruiser. For me personally, I like a car with more up to date technologies and decent fuel economy. I rented a TRD Off Road a few months back and coming from a BMW M340i to that, it was just not that pleasant. That 4.0 V6 was not impressive at all in Colorado. I struggled to keep up with the trafic. And the seat was killing me too.
That’s why i am hoping the 6th gen can make some big improvements.

Great deal!
But i am not in the market for one yet, still have 2 years lease on my M340i.
It will be gone very soon i bet.

1 Like

Pro rides completely different than the offroad much better.

Also in CO here…with my Tacoma lease shortly ending. A good few Toyota owners in CO will get the KDMax or OVTune to change the shift points which tremendously helps in the mountains and “Seat Jackers” to change the angle of the seat which supposedly helps. Hopefully the next generation gets different gearing / shift points standard and the seats get a little more comfortable.

Anyone aware of TFS doing more than one 6 month extension?