Lease offer : help evaluate : 2022 Tiguan R-Line

MI - title says it all. Just got a quote for a 36 mo lease. I’ll attach it below And the residual is around 22k after it’s up.

Appreciate any input.

you need to show the rest of the details

selling price, add ons if any, money factor, rv, trade in if any etc

1 Like

RV is 22500 and price is 36600. No trade

plug it in here, and share the link

1 Like

Didn’t see the 4k down at first and was like wow this is actually not bad!

:face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Effective $500+ on a 36k car? That looks horrible

OMFG

$4k down as a cap cost reduction? And that puts you at a monthly payment of $414 a month?

That’s awful. According to my math, that puts your effective monthly lease payment at $511 per month…Is that a joke from them?

The current Tiguan is very old, this will be the last year, and it is probably the worst seller in the category. I actually like it a lot, but its a 7 year old platform at this point.

I just can’t wrap my head around paying $511 a month for a VW Tiguan.

3 Likes

Sounds like Not the best deal then. I’ll keep looking around thanks everyone

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!! While you’re at it, be sure to watch the LH video (How to Use Leasehackr - YouTube) to brush up on how to most efficiently use the resources here.
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from the LH Calculator - Lease Program Query or Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

2 Likes

The dealer isnt taking advantage of you. The problem is the lease incentives on VW this month are abysmal. Purchase this one instead

3 Likes

agreed, the VW lease rates are AWFUL.

But I wouldn’t purchase it. The Tiguan is generally regarded as one of the least reliable CUVs out there. I love the design and handling, its slick. But I wouldn’t want to own one out of warranty. To me, it is best leased, while under warranty the whole time, but not leased right now because rates are horrible.

1 Like

It’s still under warranty even if you finance it. Just dump it after 3 years or sometime before

2 Likes

This is exactly what I was going to say, VW actually has a 4 year/50000 mile comprehensive warranty. You will get back a lot of money in equity when you sell it vs having most of the lease payment going to the insanely high rent charge

1 Like

this is true for buying just about any car. might as well buy a Toyota, much better resale value, best in the business.

The current VW Tiguan body dates to 2016. Its ancient tech at this point. Why bother buying it now?

Plus, don’t forget, if you buy it now, you’ll burn some cash on sales tax and transaction costs, that you won’t recover when you sell in a few years. Those are all “sunk” costs.

1 Like

Old? Not really. It’s a newer model then the CR-V or CX-5. It’s in its 5th model year and just got a refresh for 2022. Don’t expect it to be replaced until 2025. It’s definitely not the worst seller in its class, at a minimum it’s VW’s best selling product.

Now the Jeep Cherokee is old. Out since 2014 and last refreshed for 2019.

1 Like

Current Tiguan debuted in 2016, it is now a full six years old. The refresh was mild, all cosmetic. Its the slowest of the bunch, least fuel efficient and terribly unreliable.

CRV debuted in 2017. Rav4 much newer, so is Rogue.

VW sold 100k in 2021, Toyota sold almost half a million Rav4s…

Volkswagen Tiguan Reliability - 2022 Ratings | RepairPal.

the 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan gets only a 1/5 for its predicted reliability, and Consumer Reports gives it a 17/100 overall for reliability.

Jeez I might want to steer away and look for a jeep. Seems like a lot of people are getting deals on rubicons here recently.

Okay, we get it, you don’t like VWs. Perhaps just stick w/ the financial part to keep it on topic?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.