Lease in progress. Audi q5 premium plus

Mainland NY? LOL

10% below invoice? Whats invoice?

I ask since, yes below invoice deals are possible (some marketplace deals are usually below invoice) however what amount is variable. If you have seen such deals or dealers are coming close to that then yes maybe possible.

1 Like

How did you come up with this number?

2 Likes

Mardi!

Call a broker now!

Donā€™t make this harder than you need it to be.

Im not sure invoice matters. The MSPR is 53,090

Iā€™ve boiled this process down to one thing. The % off of MSRP that the dealer will do. You can play around with all of the numbers you want. My brother is doing a deal for the same Q5 I want in Freehold, NJ. The selling price is 8.1% off of MSPR. No dealers in the tri-state area are giving me that, Is it reasonable to expect 8.1% off? Much appreciated

Not true. Marked up Money Factor, add-ons like Window Etching, and incentives hidden in discount.

Walking into a dealer and asking for the best price is not going to get you a good deal. Another dealer or a broker would probably get you a much better deal.

This is like watching the slippery soap stair contestā€¦

Painful OP. Just do some DD of your own! You said yourself you donā€™t even know whatā€™s good discount target or price is for the q5 lol.

Take the advice of the hackers here, theyā€™ve expressed multiple times what to do.

4 Likes

Assume for now I agree with everything you day. Is 8.1% off of MSRP reasonable to expect

Yes, itā€™s reasonable to expect 8.1% but certainly not 8.2%.

If you can find a dealer willing to discount 8.1% off MSRP, sign immediately! None of the other numbers matter at that discount, you are correct.

Just took 10 seconds to look at 2 brokers in marketplace that service NY. They are 9.5 - 10.5% and base mf.

2 Likes

There is no helping people who donā€™t want to be helped.

3 Likes

Why are you spoon feeding him this information? Heā€™s been given plenty of useful advice and is capable of searching for himself, but is obviously too lazy or arrogant.

2 Likes

Thank you. Finally, a normal answer with no sarcasm.

1 Like

would you mind letting me know who they are so i can reach out to them. I just spoke to a guy in Englewood NJ and he will do 8.5% off plus the Audi incentive of $500 but then he charges some nonsense fees that go in the dealers pocket

Thanks

@SteveB25 Do NOT tell him, heā€™s a big boy and can do the work himselfā€¦ if you call searching a website ā€œwork.ā€ Iā€™m really getting sick of these posts from lazy people who donā€™t want to put ANY effort into this. They should not be rewarded just for finding this site. Instructions on how to use the site, structure deals, and negotiate are all readily available and spell everything out in the easiest way possible. Heā€™s been given plenty of advice and should be embarrassed asking you for direct links when he clearly hasnā€™t done ANYTHING but ask the same idiotic questions 15 different ways.

Sure, as long as you properly normalize the pre-incentive discount for marked up mf, dealer fees, add ons, etc.

If you dwell on just the discount percent and ignore the holistic view, expect the price to shoot way up.

It matters if you want a fair answer.

I like to normalize pre-incentive pricing so I dont get bamboozled.

So if sticker is X, and invoice is 95% of X. I could say either of the following but the end result is the same.

Option A:
I got 10% pre-incentive from MSRP.

Option B:
I got 5% pre-incentive from invoice.

Not from an ease of negotiation POV. Thereā€™s almost never any ambiguity about how much MSRP is. Iā€™ve seen plenty of real and induced ambiguity about how much invoice is.

Thereā€™s no good reason to negotiate based on invoice

I would assume claiming to know and negotiate off invoice price may rub the dealer the wrong way and give off the know it all vibe.

Wouldnā€™t brag about knowing more then a dealer, or anyone frankly (as @SteveB25 said it, its off putting. )

This is all for the leasee to understand the numbers out there. The OP is asking for 10% BELOW invoice. If the best marketplace or fellow LHers are getting is 10% from MSRP, it kind of sets your expectations.

Having said that, unicorns/amazing deals dont come from following the herd, its by blazing your own trail and finding opportunity in the near impossible.

Good Luck OP, and keep us posted!