Lease help - gross / net cap cost vs advertised vs window sticker

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been answered, I did a quick search and couldn’t find a post that explains this. If there is one, please let me know!

Looking at lease and confused by the different values. I’m sure

Online advertised shows:
MSRP: $77,947
SELLING PRICE: $58,390

Window sticker shows:
MSRP: $63,500
TOTAL: $77,492 (dest&del incl)
Destination: $1,195
Delivery: $300

Lease agreement shows:
Government Fees: $27
Proc/Doc Fees: $358
Est. Cap Taxes: $2,062
Acquisition Fee: $795.00
Gross Cap Cost: $73,928
Rebate: $6,000
Net Cap Cost: $68,988

Understand the window sticker total is the optioned MSRP advertised (or close to it) but trying to understand why lease net cost is ~$10K more than advertised price.

Thanks

They aren’t selling it to you for 58, they are selling it to you for 68 minus 3k for fees so 65.

Typically dealer advertised prices are before any fees/taxes are included, have a bunch of incentives rolled in that not everyone qualifies for (sometimes that don’t even stack, so impossible to qualify for), etc. In some areas they back out the destination fee, etc.

What vehicle are we talking about here? What’s the actual msrp? Can you post the window sticker?

Thanks. On phone but can try posting sticker when i’m home.

Numbers from window sticker are

MSRP: $63,500
Suggested retail as equipped- TOTAL: $75,997
Destination Charges: $1,195
Preparation and Delivery: $300
Gas Guzzler Tax: $0

equipped options calculated come to: $11,002

Thanks for the reply

Definitely need to post the actual window sticker to see what the msrp really is. Are those factory options? If so, they’re included in the MSRP. Destination is also included in the msrp, but a separate delivery charge would not be (nor does it make sense to exist, unless they’re shipping it from another dealer at your request).

1 Like

That’s a lot of Nitro , clear bra, and vin etching.

I’m hoping it’s a case of misunderstanding how the window sticker is put together and those are factory options with the $63500 being the base msrp for that trim level.

1 Like

@mllcb42 @forbs thanks for the help/input here. This is what I was given. Please tell me if I need to walk away from this! I’m not married to it.

That definitely points to a $75997 MSRP rather than a $63500 one. The $63500 is the base msrp for the trim level before the factory options. The prep/delivery is odd to me to be listed on the window sticker, but I don’t frequently look at maserati window stickers.

To answer your original question, the $58390 number seems to be just pulled out of thin air.

1 Like

The MSRP is $75,997

Could you attach the online offer you’re referencing?