Lease ending, financing an 22’RDX a-Spec

Hey guys, my 2019 Honda Accord 2.0t lease is coming to an end this August and I’ve been thinking about financing an RDX 22 A- spec’ in the Chicago area. Today I went to the dealership to see what they would offer me for my Accord and the sales rep told me 23-24k since my lease was involved in one accident.

My car has roughly around 24,300 miles and I told the sale rep I wouldn’t sell it any less than 26k. I wasn’t sure how much to ask for my accord but I did give her an estimate from 26-28k for my accord. The car is good conditions, just a few scratches on my rims but that’s about it. Should I be asking more for my accord or should I settle for the 26k that they are offering me so I can use that money towards financing an RDX. Also, when I was looking around they had an RDX mrsp at 47,950 but with destination and Handling and the 500 dollar platinum white color, the sticker price for the vehicle was 49,495. Should I negotiate the price lower? Or is this a decent deal? Any help is appreciated guys. Thank you

How did you come up with this price?

1 Like

I just ran some details through carmax and vroom to see what my car was worth and then I went around on the internet to see how much accords were selling for.

How much did carmax and carvana offer for it? How about places like Rodo or equityhackr here that can actually buy it?

Equityhackr offered me 22k for my Honda while carmax gave me 28k

Did carmax offer that knowing about the accident?

Yeah, even after knowing the accident, they still were offering a little bit over 26k

Ok, so knowing about the accident, they’re at 26k, meaning that if the Honda dealer gave you 24k, you’d be at about the same equity and not have to deal with any of the buyout hassle. Sounds like the $24k honda offer isn’t bad at all.

Thanks man, appreciate it. They were offering me 26k only if I finance an Acura and did all the paper work and I told them I’d do sleep on it. Glad to know they were being serious

Anything MSRP is the way to go here in this market, doubt there are any discounts that would be given unless the usual college or military graduate.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.