Lease End Repairs

Alfa Romeo Leased through US Bank.

The car currently has a crinkled fender for which an insurance claim has been filed. I had US Bank send their pre-return inspection, and I’m fairly sure that their estimated repair cost for the fender is less than what it will actually cost.

Question: Is the amount due for any needed repairs when the car is returned based on the costs that the inspector used, or is it based on some actual cost to repair the car? In other words, will I be better off just taking a check from the insurance company than having them pay a body shop to repair the car?

Return is due in 3 weeks, so time is short. (Time flies when you work from home and don’t go anywhere ever).

Thx!

I have

The damage and repair/penalty amounts shown on your lease end inspection should be final, they’re not going to revise it later once you turn the car in and they actually make the repairs. That of course assumes that no additional damage is done after the inspection.

It’s based on what they charge, not what it would really cost.

Because when they resell it, it goes down that much, not the full cost.

And Congratulations for doing a preinspection instead of turning in that item unseen, US Bank is notorious for making up charges on cars returned unseen.

Ask the adjuster to cash out the claim and pocket the money- turn in with damage if it is less than the repair.

Is taking a hit on your CLUE report worth it?

It’s this, not the actual. To be precise, it’s based on a formula that the inspector has been given, so the bank doesn’t get to come back at you. What they estimate is what they charge.

Now, if this amount sounds lower than what you would pay out of pocket, that’s often due to the difference between wholesale and retail

The claim is already filed per the original post. So the clue report is already hit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.