Lease End Options on 2019 Infiniti QX60

That’s an interesting tid bid to know about NJ state.

I only paid what I owns on the payoff letter.
And only $92 in bank fees.

What I did is and Infiniti financial will not give you this information because they don’t want you to know.
That Infiniti financial will except payoff and buyout only from banks and credit unions!!!
And no 3rd party dealership that it’s not their own dealers. Please see below

“Nissan notes that there will be “no change requested” for buyouts facilitated by a bank or credit union and no impact on customers exercising their purchase option.”
Thx
Hope I answered your question.

And I am florida resident.

And then after one month I will buy it out from my bank no prepayment penalty

1 Like

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/nissan-will-stop-other-brands-from-buying-out-leases

I wonder if Florida is like NJ with the laws in place that afford lease owners the right to be able to buy out the vehicle directly from the leasing financial company/bank. I’d like to see a copy of the pay off letter if you wouldn’t mind sharing.

I’m in NY and we have a QX60 lease coming due in September. We will likely buy out the lease bc of the killer deal we got on it, has very low miles and the car is mint. I’m just not looking forward to playing the games and arguing the bs fees that the infinity dealer will try to screw us with.

I Just logged into my infiniti account and the pay off letter strictly states that nissan-infiniti will not sell direct to the customer… Did your pay off letter say the same? @Gold101

What I did is to cut the Infiniti dealership that wanted $5000 in crazy fees is I go to my bank with my payoff later from Infiniti financial I paid only $92 in fees. I take a loan for 60 months.
After 30 days I buyout my car with no penalties.
This how I cut the middleman. (Infiniti dealership).

I’m really curious if this will work. I’ve read that some have tried to do what you did and sent in a check to buy out the car, but a few weeks later, Infiniti Financial sent the check back to the customer.

@Gold101 , has your check been cashed yet? Did you get the new title or anything from Infiniti Financial saying they approved the buyout?

It likely depends on which state you’re in.

yes you are correct

Man. Im in the same boat. I have my fully loaded QX60, we extended the lease 3 months, they told me i could extend it another 3 months if needed.

The last 2 weeks theyre calling me every week to find out what I want to do. My first extension is up Jun 1 and now theyre telling me its not possible to extend it again.

My buyout is 32,231.20 with my MSD according to them.

I dont want to buy it out, and with tax, title and all that BS, i’m going to be close to 40k with CA taxes.

Was looking to lease a 4Xe but waited too long, looks like the lead time on those is 8-16 weeks. Not going to work for us.

Sigh.

What does your lease contract say the buy out, compared to what the dealer is telling you the buy out is ?

i havent even approached the dealer to see what theyre ridiculous fees are.

The contract says 34.5k on the buyout. They are telling me 32.2k

That sounds backwards to me. The residual value on the lease contract is your buy out price. I don’t quite know how MSD’s work as they are not allowed here in NY.

yeah i think its the residual minus MSD’s, which were 1300

I really dont want to keep this POS, but Im not having much of a choice

Looks like @Gold101 might be 100% correct with what he just did to buy out his lease directly.

I just got off an online chat with infiniti financial and they are now allowing New York lease holders the option to buy out directly from Infiniti financial and not go through the dealership. I guess all the negative press about dealerships charging thousands in buy out fees finally got Nissan / Infiniti corporate to act on behalf of the terrible customer experiences people were having. Perhaps florida lease holders can now do the same.

If you live in another state that previously required you to go to a dealership to buy out the lease, i’d inquire with Infiniti about a direct buy out now.

1 Like

I suggest ordering a 4xe now and doing a Turbo car starting in June for a couple of months until it arrives. If you do order one, go easy on the options and.pick a well established color to minimize the chance for delay. Further I wouldn’t buy the QX60. It’s a complete turd after 50k miles.

1 Like

i’m not the poster looking for the 4XE. But i agree on not holding on to the qx60 much beyond the warranty period or a lot of miles. My wifes qx60 is way under miles and for us, its cheaper to buy it out, keep it for 2 more years, then sell it before the warranty is up. Hoping at that point we can find leases coming back down to something closer to normal pricing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.