Lease end options for Acura

Hello all,

We have two Acura vehicles (2022 MDX Tech and 2021 RDX base) that have a lease end in 2024. While they are nice cars, we are looking to move to other brands based off the needs of our family. I know that Acura financial does not allow you to sell a lease to a third-party so we are in a bit of a pickle. We have several large dealer chains in our area that have both Acura and other brands in their network. Would it be possible to turn in the Acura lease to a non Acura / Honda dealer if it’s in the same network or are we stuck with Honda/Acura or a lease buyout if we want to get something different? There should be some equity in both vehicles come lease end and I want to take advantage of that.

Thanks for the guidance!

Yes, if the dealer will support it

HOWEVER I would just sell it to a Honda/ Acura direct as trading in a car leaves the new dealer open to slip in some fees (Mine slipped in an increased MF to steal back the trade in equity)

1 Like

Any semi competent manager within these chains should be able to use their sister Honda/acura store to send the payoff and sell another brand of vehicle to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.