Lease end in a month but just got pulled over for citations

Hello guys, I am currently leasing a infiniti Q50s, my lease will end in less than a month. However, I had pulled over last week for window tinted and missing front license plate. Base on my previous experience, It would take at least 2 months to get the citation from mail. My concern is how should I deal with the citation issue when returning the car and what if I decide to sell my car to Carmax? I live in California.
Thank you

Those citations are on you.

Plus if tints were aftermarket, you’ll have to remove them before returning the lease

& If selling to CarMax it will be their call.

Get the corrections made (tint removed and mount front plate) and then get them signed off on the back of the ticket by your local PD or CHP office.

I don’t know if it is possible to show proof that you turned the car in as an alternative to correcting, otherwise you’d have to pay the fine(s).

You can’t sell to Carmax unless you buy out and pay sales tax. Can only sell to a Nissan/Infiniti store.

2 Likes

You never have to remove tint before returning a lease - Ive leased 8 cars and all returned with tint

Dealers don’t care if car is tinted, as long as it’s not 5% limo all around, you should be fine

2 Likes

Technically. @justsharing is 100% correct. Per contract, the car is to be returned in original condition.

While I understand you haven’t been dinged on this, they can, at any time, decide to enforce this and charge you excessive damage charges to remove the tint. Of course, if the dealership buys it out and it doesn’t go back to Nissan, that’s a different story and makes the conversation moot. It’s not the dealer’s call unless they buy it. It’s Nissan’s car. Dealer just facilitates the grounding process on behalf of Nissan.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.