Lease End Buyout 2019 Mercedes E300 4Matic

Hey Everyone,

I hope you all are safe and healthy. Back in 2020 I posted my first lease deal on a 2019 E300 4Matic (See link below):

Now I’m back again 3 years later hoping for feedback regarding a lease buyout option =).

Here is a lease buyout write up I received from Mercedes Benz Denver today:

• Car is leased through Mercedes Benz Financial.
  • The residual value is $35,710 ~55% and the disposition date is May 15th 2023.
  • My current pay off amount is $1,638
  • Do you have equity? I am unsure. .I planned on getting the car appraised with Car Max and other third party sellers but I am unsure of how to clearly determine this.

I appreciate any feedback you’re able to provide.

Have you tried to trade it in or sell it?
Is there any equity in it?

Hi, I haven’t gotten the car appraised yet so I’m unsure if there is equity in the car. I also haven’t explored trading the car in or selling it. I believe I need to get the car appraised before I consider buying the car then reselling it?

Not necessarily, head over to marketplace and look for a broker who buys cars in your area. He can tell you if there is equity in the car with some pics vin and miles. You can ask the dealer you are working with. If there is equity , you can pocket that or roll it into a new lease.

I am not sure of your location but a decently equipped Audi Q5 would run you around those same numbers with the healthy discounts going on now. (Without equity due) At least in the Northeast region.

Check with current deals for your location Here

1 Like

$599 in dealer fees seems a bit…absurd?
With how cheap of an interest rate your current lease appears to be - I would milk the lease as long as possible - the money is almost free compared to financing.

1 Like
1 Like

If you want something in this segment I recommend:

A. Financing a Palisade, Telluride or Highlander
B. 18m lease on Pathfinder
C. Extending the Mercedes lease and ordering a Mazda CX90

1 Like

Hi there, I’m a local broker in Centennial. If you’d like me to give you an idea of trade value on your Mercedes, shoot me a PM or email me at dparysz@centleasing.com. That way you can get a general idea of where you stand in terms of having equity (or not).