Lease deals on EVs (fed and Tax incentives + Employee EV incentive)

LONG time since I leased a vehicle (thanks to Covid inventory hell…)

BACKGROUND:
We are thinking of getting a 3rd vehicle for the family and wondering if the tax deductions are worth looking into a EV. (this would be our first EV) I live in Mass and based on the $7,500 Fed, $3,500, and my wife gets an employee $2,500 company perk for a EV lease ($4k to buy but our combined AGI rules out the federal $7,500 so a lease is the only option)…

QUESTIONS:

1. Does anyone know if loaner vehicles (BMW, Audi, MB, etc) qualify for the federal tax credit on leases?

2. Given the $13,500 in incentives before loaner / negotiation reduction to purchase price this seems like a good start but how far do residuals drop on EVs?

3. Vehicle suggestions? (must have requirements - AWD (live in MA and we get snow), would want at least 10k miles / yr,) (Nice to have - keep under $500 / month (no idea if this is reasonable), performance (I was looking at the BMW i4).

PS Other vehicles are 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L and 2019 Porsche Cayenne S so size is not an issue as long as it fits 2 + adults and 2 child seats

Click on Marketplace for Audi q4 and q8 etrons

2 Likes

Varies by brand/how the demo was put in service.

@Bostoncarconcierge can get you in a Q4/Q8 etron. They fit your bill. Price ends up about 575-600/mo for the Q4. He may not have any right now because they go quick.

Also not sure about the loaners.

1 Like

Thanks @Zet !

@diman

I have a client going to look at a Q8 etron sport back in the next 45 minutes

It’s a premium trim

24/7500
$2500 at signing for first and fees + broker fee
545/month + tax

Can’t do better than that on a q8 Etron. If you’re interested let me know and I can confirm if he takes this or the premium plus he is comparing it to

If you require the $3500 MA rebate, msrp of anything you look at needs to be under $55K though. I4 and Q4 will be RWD at that price.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.