Lease Deal Check 2025 Honda Pilot Trailsport

Hello hackrs!

I stumbled upon this website after looking at some deals to lease a 2025 Honda Pilot Trailsport. Just to let you know, i’ve never leased a vehicle before. I have purchased a couple of new vehicles, the last one being in 2017. I went in originally wanting to buy a pre-owned 21 Pilot, but after being presented with the lease deal I am leaning more towards that option. Since I’ve never leased before I’d love to get your input as far as the deal that is being presented to me. I’ve been negotiating about a week now, and each day i’m learning something new. I don’t know what the MF so that i’ll have to get with the dealer, but the numbers look as follow:

MSRP: $50,950
Discount: $3,350
Selling Price: $47,600
Acquisition Fee: $595
Tire tax: $5
Doc Fee: $599
Arizona VLT: $860.23
Total: $49,659.23
Residual: $33,627

36Months/12K miles
$0 due at signing
$675/mo

What are your thoughts? Again, i’m a newb at leasing, and have spent alot of time looking at leasing videos and tips online. Any and all help is appreciated. I’m not going to rush into anything until I can confirm a good deal.

At first glance it’s pretty bad. You’re paying for 50% of the car in 3 years, but have nothing to show for it. You’d be better off buying it and then selling it after 3 years.

I just sent you a sheet I put together that should help you. You need to know the MF (don’t get it from the dealer) and then you need to put a target offer together to send dealers.

I really appreciate it. Using the calculator on this site, i think the MF might be .00185, but not sure.

You can get the MF by either paying $10/month to Leasehackr or for free from the Edmund’s Honda Pilot lease board.

I just posted on the Edmunds board, i’ll post when I have that.

.00211 is the MF per edmunds.

Long story short, finance it.

So it’s actually higher than you thought.

Delete the dealer’s phone number and take a gigantic step back. Work out a well-researched target deal and then post the calc for your target deal here for folks to review. Once you have that established and validated, then reach out to dealers and make them an offer.

You can not effectively negotiate a deal if you dont know where youre trying to get to.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I’m hoping to accomplish. I’m trying to research best deals and what they should look like to have a well researched offer to send.

1 Like

What’s the update here? What did you end up buying? I’m test driving a 2025 Trailsport on Sunday :slight_smile:

I backed off. I need to do more research but I haven’t had the time to do so. Still interested though. Let me know the numbers they offer you. Are you trading anything in? Where are you located?