Rebates: $500
Effective Monthly Payment: $796
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: .0018
Residual: 56%
Max MSDs 7 (bringing MF to .00138)
Region: DC Metro

This seems a bit high but it’s also fully loaded. Wanted some opinions as to what to potentially further negotiate.
Calculator is off by a few dollars.

For a 23 and at end of calendar year I’d be asking for at least 8-10% off MSRP.

That’s what I was thinking and I’m going to talk to them again tomorrow. If I can get them to 9% then the payment would go down to about $733/month which seems like a good deal. Still not sure though

Cmon $700 for an X1 is absurd.

5 Likes

A lot of absurdity still out there but if this is what OP wants all she can do is work on the discount…I’d offer 50K and see what they counter with.

2 Likes

Time to change to username to somescaryx1. Just get a cheap Ariya and postphone the BMW lease to a later stage in your life.

1 Like

I just realized I had this as the 2023 not 2024 model which is the first year the new M version is available vs the 28i.

Paying $31,xxx in lease payments for an X1 in 39 months is just not bright at all IMO. Might as well buy a CPO X5/X3M40i or really anything but leasing an X1.

1 Like

Yea, my fiance really loved the car itself so I’ve been trying to see if they’re was any way to have it make sense. Hard to justify though since there are so many better deals on a lot of other models.

We live in the city and have dogs so the x1 is kind of the perfect size though we’d both rather have a hatchback. The one pup is slightly too big so its the best compromise.

Just lease a iX for the same price.

2 Likes

They live in city so charging probably an issue if renting or street parking…should only get a nice car if have their own garage or indoor parking spot. Otherwise get a newer used hatch and buy because leased car gonna get dinged up.

As others have stated, this car is not a good lease candidate for the reasons below.

Discount off MSRP is weak and rebates are minimal.

OP might be lucky to find a 5-year old X5, but then that opens another can of worms. Buying an out of warranty BMW will not make financial sense. However, I get the point you are making.

Let’s be honest, it’s not an M version no matter what the misleading badge says.

I street park a nice leased car in the city. It’s fine. This isn’t 1970s New York. Charging infrastructure is pretty good in most major cities and these things have fast charging. Size wise might not be convenient though totally.

If they are in SF, okay I get it, but even with garage parking it’s a risk in SF.

1 Like

Lol! Every single street parked car I saw when I lived downtown Chicago for 13 years had front and rear bumper dings dents scratches etc.

We really wanted an ev but charging is the issue. Hoping to be able to buy a space over the course of this lease. I’ve moved on to a standard x1 just because its not worth the extra money even after getting them down to $720. Looking at $545/month on a 2023 x1 28i now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.