Lease check 2024 CRV Sports-L Hybrid

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post here, so please bear with me if I’m not following something correctly.

Please advise if this is a good deal or not on leasing a 2024 CRV Sports-L Hybrid in the NY area:

DAS: $4K inclusive of Taxes, Registration, fees.
$415/36 months/10K miles from Honda financial which includes 2 year maintenance + basic accessories (all weather mats, cargo cover, wheel locks) - I had already put a $100 deposit for the deal they initially gave me which was $395 for 39 months or the $415/36 months listed above. I went with $395/39 months because the difference was $465 and I thought that’s a steal for 3 extra months. However, when I went to pick up the car on Sat, they ran my credit and said they can only offer me the $415/36 from Honda and not the other deal from calco.

I’m not sure what the residual value is and maybe other important numbers I should know before signing the dotted line. Please let me know your thoughts on this deal as well as any other information that I should know prior to getting into this lease to make sure I’m getting the best possible lease deal.

I walked out without signing the deal Sat as we noticed something off with the driver side mirror (distortion, issue with focusing) and were concerned it could be a safety issue. However, we’re still interested in the car provided there is no issue with the mirror, and want to check it during the day time as it was already dark after the test drive.

Thank you,
El

$18.5k to drive a CRV for 30k total miles is not a good deal IMO.

Unless you’re leaving the country, no lease should be looked at as just an isolated 3-year microcosm of your life. So a lease will always need to be replaced with another lease.

$37k over two leases is an absolutely unacceptable cost to drive CRV or similar vehicles.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the feedback. So, what would be considered a good lease in this case? Or are you saying CRV is not a vehicle that should be leased? I’d appreciate if you can provide me some examples etc… Thanks!

Just a tiny fraction of makes, models and trims lease well.

If you can charge at home or work, lease an EV

If not, buy the CRV and finance it (there’s a thread here with best APRs from a wide range of lenders).

In a slightly larger class, the Mazda CX90 lease is decent and the XC90 for those who qualify for Volvo loyalty.

1 Like

Is there a list or a document on this site which says which vehicles to avoid leasing and which ones to target. Just curious.

Also, can you point me to the Mazda CX90 lease info/quotes. I’m open to explore them. Thanks!

No one is going to maintain a continuously changing list.

As of today 98+ percent of ICEV are not worth leasing. You can look through Share Deals & Tips to see which ones are, assuming you can stack the same rebates

They are in Share Deals & Tips … with broker listings for current inventory in Marketplace

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.