Lease Calculator Discrepancy with Volvo Finance

Has anyone else discovered a legitimate discrepancy between the LH Calculator and the lease rent charge with any of the major manufacturers?

Specifically, in my circumstance, there seems to be an $8-10 monthly difference between the LH Calculator rate and the numbers provided by Volvo financial when the general manager enters our proposed deal.

The GM made note that he has worked with other LH forum members and routinely ran into this issue.

I have no reason to believe he is trying to pull a fast one on me. It is a reputable dealer and the buyrate/MF is accurate, but ultimately his program calculates a different rate from Volvo financial.

1 Like

Can you provide a worksheet or the details of their quote? And a link to a calculator?

I mean I structure every deal in “blue screen” reynolds before I post my calculators and they always line up.

1 Like

Since I am providing zero benefit to this thread, I’m going to guess your Volvo sales rep has buried some $300 nitrogen filled aftermarkets in the lease.

1 Like

more like the $175 total loss preventions to win a “product sales contest”

1 Like

These are my two options:

A. Taxes, fees, first month and $225 down to reduce my MSD from $6000 - $5500.

B. First month only, plus full MSD. However, capitalizing all the fees hurts based on this months MF rate.

In either scenario he insisted that his program was producing a higher monthly and needed an additional $250 down to match the LH calculator. I don’t have an actual breakdown from the dealer just yet, but I provided him links to the leasehackr calculator and he insists the rent charge is higher from Volvo financial.

When I hear back from him I will ask for same, but just wanted to open a general inquiry to see if anyone else ran into the same scenario.

I would say the same, but this dealer has no add-ons or additional garbage fees. I am also working directly with the GM and he is familiar with LH, brokers in the area and I see no reason he would try and sneak in $250 and blow up this deal. However, I have also leased from numerous manufacturers and never had a problem matching the calculator… so this did raise a red flag.

That was going to be my other argument… why would Volvo brokers utilize the LH calculator if their client is going to run into this discrepancy at the dealership…

Manasquan is generally reputable - you’re off by $200 on an $82k msrp. That’s a rounding error.

1 Like

Your Volvo rep can’t take a screenshot of their “blue screen”? You’ll need to make sure key lease assumptions are the same (eg cap costs, MF, taxes/fees, etc).

Personally, I had an experience where a local BMW dealership was doing some weird-azz crap where the BMW-FS lease cap-cost was $800 than the total of what I thought was capitalizing… since they buried some aftermarkets in there that weren’t on the Monroney or on anything we had ever discussed. I would have zero way of seeing those aftermarkets without seeing a print-out that the sales manager handed me in the showroom.

Are you saying the MF is higher than what LH RateFindr is pulling?

Or that the rent charge is different even though the MF is the same?

He has the exact MF, fees, taxes and sales discount breakdown as shown in my above LH calculator links.

I didn’t go as far as requesting a printout of his blue screen to verify and thought that maybe it was an error with the LH calculator.

What gave it away?

1 Like

i’m really really good at what i do?

1 Like

Lol, it has to be the MSRP. They’re the only dealer that orders vehicles with no packages aside from the $160 chrome bumper guard.

The luxury title surcharge of 0.4% of selling price (before or after rebates?) is captured in the $725 gov fee?

they cannot sell t8s down there. it’s not their target demographic. therefore, they only order the base ones.

1 Like

Yes and the GM confirmed this, plus all the other details in both calculator scenarios.

My only next step is to ask for his sheet, I just didn’t want to be a pest if there was a legitimate reason the calculator would be off.

Asking the important question for everyone… will you ding them on the survey if they do not produce the Volvo FS lease sheet?

Nuke them from low orbit!

PULL THE LEVER KRONK!

1 Like