Lease buyout Suggestion Needed!

Hope everyone doing well and staying safe, Seeking suggestion and Guidance on buying out lease

Merc C300
Model 2018
Lease ending Sep 01 2020
Residual value $ 25,500
Miles : 27000

As you all aware due to COVID-19 uncertainty , I am deciding to buyout my leased car for now. Planning to keep this car for a year and two.
I believe huge inventory is piling up so merc will negotiate to give good offers.
Please suggest if it would be great idea to buyout.
If they negotiate what would be acceptable price to go forward.

Thanks in advance!!!

What makes you think they’re going to negotiate? The buyout amount was set on your lease when you signed the contract years ago.

2 Likes

I tried with my crv to get $500 off to buy out with no luck. Checked yesterday and my car is for sale at $5k above my buyout. Once you sign that contract it’s set in stone.

2 Likes

They will not negotiate with you on the buyout.

• buying at residual value makes no financial sense as a similar Merc used would most likely be cheaper. Plus you will be double dipping on the tax
2 Likes

Typically they don’t negotiate buyout… and where are you seeing huge inventory building up? Used cars are selling like hot cakes right now…

3 Likes

Why would you want to take responsibility for a 2 year old German sedan with a 2.5/5 reliability rating?

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/mercedes-benz/c-class/2018/reliability

I think a great idea would be to hand the keys back at disposition and find something else. If you want to buy, you can look for something that is a good deal or finances well. Buying out your lease is usually a bad idea.

1 Like

Ok… I pulled it out a few days ago… happy reading OP:

Btw, there’s no inventory, new or used. Been discussed a lot over the last few months while everyone stewed at home

1 Like

Though if you do manage to successfully negotiate a lower buyout price, please share it.
There have been zero success stories and any change would be welcome news. Some folks have received unsolicited lower buyout offers (within 30 days of maturity), but those seem to be the exception.

1 Like