Lease Buyout or Lease new vehicle

Hello, looking for some advice here!

In Dec 2020 I leased an Acura MDX base that will soon reach maturity. There were tons of incentives and my monthly payment is $389/mo with the option to purchase at lease end for ~$24,500.

I currently have 33k miles on it, so it’s possible I may go over the 36k limit from my lease agreement.

As others have experienced as well, I’ve had a series of issues with the MDX that were covered under warranty and (hopefully) repaired for the final time. It was the issue in which the MDX, because of auto idle, would shift into neutral when stopped. Some of the times it wouldn’t let me take it out of neutral and couldn’t turn the car off either until a series of trying to change the gear or press the off button repeatedly for 25-30 seconds. Many of these times at the light with angry people honking at me LOL. This had happened a total of 6-8 times and several after the first two dealer “software” updates and repairs. It was at the dealership again last month and has not happened since after they replaced the starter and performed a valve adjustment.

I have slight concerns about reliability as a result, but it’s been an otherwise great car, has the 3rd row, smooth ride, etc.

I’m also considering leasing a 4Runner as I’ve always liked them, but given current interest rates the monthly payment is looking to be between $550-650/mo.

Is it worth considering alternative lease options or probably best to buy out the lease (given the lower cost to purchase) and hope this issue doesn’t return?

Thanks in advance for any feedback, recommendations or advice!

My wife has the same issue with her 2020 MDX. They’ve done software updates and replaced the battery. I guess the starters next if this happens again. She wants to keep it, and I can’t reason with her. We’ll buy it out, but I’m hoping to just keep it as a road trip car and lease her an EV for daily.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.