Lease Buyout(NOT a lease transfer) - 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Momentum

NOT SELLING ANYMORE

I can’t delete the post. Sorry if you were interested

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Momentum

Buyout Price - 39K

Mileage - 19k

Already appraised it through Vroom and Carvana and the appraisal is around 36K.

Photos:

You’re trying to sell a car here for more than it’s worth? Gooooooood luck on this site!

7 Likes

Hey @mp11477 thanks for the feedback. How much does it worth in your opinion? I put up the kbb private seller value up, I’m willing to change if the reasoning make sense. Thanks again.

Even if KBB is correct, it states $38.5k in your pic. Is that what you are asking? Looks like you are asking 39.

Anyway, what is your goal? I take it you are trying to get out of lease early, and you can’t transfer a volvo, so you are trying to sell it outright. Where did the buyout number come from? Do you know what the current DEALER buyout is right now?

Keep in mind that a private party can not purchase the vehicle from the bank. You will need to purchase it and then turn around and sell it to a private party, which means you get to pay sales tax on the purchase before selling.

It’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. You’ll get a bit more selling it private party than a Carvana would give you, but you also have to purchase it yourself first like @mllcb42 indicated above, which also requires you to pay additional taxes on that purchase.

My comment about you selling a car for more than it is worth here coincided with the nature of the site and the cheapskates housed here. A little bit of common sense mixed in as well, as you’d have to pretty much be in love with your particular build and plan on driving it till the wheels fall off to overpay for it based on its current market value.

I doubt you’ll find that person here, on a site dedicated to people looking for their next lease before their contact expires, but I’ve been wrong before.

7 Likes

And Volvo stopped sales to third parties, so no Vroom/Carvana anymore, even at loss.

Fudge.

10char.

TBH a lease-oriented forum is the last place where you’d find buyers for used cars.

Besides, you can’t sell what you don’t own.

1 Like

Thank you guys for educating me on this. I really appreciate it. I will see the Vroom/Carvana route, although according to @Ursus Volvo doesn’t accept third party sales(which blows btw). If nothing works I will just suck it up and use it for the rest of the term. Thanks again to all.

Answered. Thanks to all who contributed.