Lease Buyout Initiation

Hello

I recently (3 weeks ago) purchased a Genesis on lease. First ever lease, we always buy. Wife informs me that she won’t want to give the car up in 3 years and we got the $7500 lease rebate anyway. I found on the site and over the phone how to get the lease buyout quote. I am dumbfounded as to how to initiate this. Do I have to make the payment to the finance system. I don’t see any way at this point to talk to an actual human. Any advice from someone who has already dealt with Genesis on this? Thanks in advance.

What is the money factor on the lease? If it is low why not keep monthly payments and buy towards the end.

I know it doesn’t answer your question sorry.

1 Like

you get a first bill, which has your account number ,and there should be an option to get ‘buyout price’. I dont know the rules of WI much.

I don’t know offhand but it’s not great. If I rode the lease out, I wouldn’t buy the car at the end. The RV is .61, and buying now versus at the end is a difference of about 13k.

1 Like

I’ve found the buyout price in 3 different locations but nothing that states how to proceed.

You can either pay it online, or mail it to them. You can find this info in the Genesis FAQ. You’ll find it under Title services. Genesis Finance

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m not quite following. Is $13K the total of the lease payments over 35 months?

$13k is the difference in price to keep the car at the end of the lease (buy it now vs make all payments and pay residual)

Do you know your MF? Does your state charge additional tax on lease? or you can check your buy out price now & get a financing vs at the end of the lease + upcoming lease payment, this will determine which one is cheaper.

1 Like

Wisconsin charges use tax during the lease, sales tax on the purchase. I have my buyout price, it is just a matter of initiating the clause. There is no financing involved in the purchase.

So there is no rent charge on your lease? I don’t see a lot of posts from WI, but I’ve never heard of a state where there isn’t a rent charge.

And are you saying that you would pay in full w/o a loan, if you buy out the lease?

There is a rent charge, not sure what it is off hand. Yes, no loan. The backstory is that we had purchased a different model with cash. That model turned out to be a lemon. My wife was sick of the rental and we were a little leery at that point of buying another car outright, so we picked the lease option. I didn’t really do any research into MF or leases at that point. We just went with it based on the amount of money we were comfortable paying over the 3 years.

Finally found the link thanks to this page and did the payoff. Note for any Genesis owners looking for this info: The payment page only allows you to do a max of $25,000 per transaction. You can input multiple payments so long as they are not identical amounts (i.e doing two 25k payments, I had to drop the second to $24,999 to get it to pass through).

2 Likes

You can pay via the Portal? I’ve never seen that option on Hyundai or Kia they always said, mail us a check.

The rent charge is what the MF will affect (it’s basically interest on the lease).

But, since you are buying out the lease w/ no loan, then, yes, the only thing that really matters is what the selling price of the car was.

Yes, I paid last night and received acknowledgment from HCA this morning via email (looking for odometer statement).