Lease Buyout Complete - Title in hand (Missouri) but do I need to register before selling?

So I bought out my 2019 Pacifica on Dec 27th from Ally and received the Title and Lien release today. The back is signed.

Do I need to register it and get a new title before I sell it. The Title currently says “VAULT C/O [Lessee Name] - LSE” with my name in the proper place.

I realize I’m either going to have to pay the taxes on it or the purchasing party (dealer/carmax at this point with the best buyout) will.

In the end, what I want to know is can I skip the step and the additional two week wait to get a new title to sell it with the Title and Lien release as is and they will just take my tax liability out of the offer?

Does that make sense?

Usually yes you need to go through the process as most buyers won’t touch a ‘released title’

What you have is a lessor-released title. You can call and ask these buyers if they will accept a lessor-released title, but odds are these days, they won’t. Won’t know till you ask

Thanks, that’s what I was trying to figure out. I will give carmax a call, and now that I know the proper term (lessor released title) it will be easier to communicate what I’m trying to accomplish.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.