Lease advice - budget roomy SUV

I strongly suggest you use search function look at recent deals (“Shared Deals”) in your geographic area for these cars. Also look at broker deals (if any) in your area (under “Marketplace”).

You are not looking at uncommon cars. There is data here on the site that you will need to search through for yourself.

4 Likes

Thanks, will start there.

Better than sending requests for many car brands in the area :slight_smile:

The best way I can answer this question is to say I had a CX9 GT in my driveway and it’s been replaced by a Passport EX-L, and I find it to be a vastly superior vehicle (and more importantly, my wife who couldn’t care less about cars was ecstatic to replace the cx9 with the passport). Doesn’t hurt that it’s a good $80/mo cheaper too.

The Sante fe is a great option. It’s going to be more a good bit more expensive. If the semi autonomous driving features are important to you, Hyundai’s system is one of the best in the industry.

Please don’t, that is a good way to get ghosted in this market.

If you are planning to lease, read through leasing 101 as others suggested: they are being polite, your understanding of the basics will go a long way to getting the best possible deal in this especially customer-unfriendly time.

Browse Shared Deals to see what’s leasing well, and make a short list.

Go test drive your short list: do NOT negotiate your deal in person (leasing 101 will explain this), just drive, because

I am never going to drive your car, so 99% of my preferences aren’t meaningful or relevant to you. If you hate driving it, it doesn’t matter how cheap it leases (paging Toyota Venzas everywhere).

Only when you have a car (or two), and a deal structure, do you contact a dealer to make them a reasonable offer on a car you want. If you ask what it costs, they will tell you what they want it to cost.

And if you don’t want to educate yourself or do any legwork, hire a broker from the Marketplace. They will pay for themselves in your savings.

Good luck - it’s brutal out there.

1 Like

I have test drove the cx9 GT but not passport exl. Curious what makes passport a superior vehicle since cx9 is a solid car (if someone doesn’t need maximum practicality).

Or Murano.

Not much else going on for people seeking budget SUVs

Ya, that’s what I thought when I got it too.

Biggest difference is having actual useful space. The cx9 is incredible in its ability to be so tiny inside for such a large vehicle.

Then there’s the issues with the interior not holding up very well, Mazda having the worst infotainment in the industry, the paint chipping if you look at it wrong, body panels cracking, the drivetrain clunks on liftoff, etc

1 Like

Even the Murano - some amazing deals in March & April and then no listed deals at all in May & June.

1 Like

Title: Be as specific as possible in the title if you are posting a deal – include car model, monthly payment, and money down.
Tags: make (e.g. toyota, bmw)(required) and region (e.g. ny, ca, ca-socal, usa-nationwide)
Post: Include as much information about your deal as possible to make it a helpful reference for others, and even a celebratory picture. :wink:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Mazda CX-9
MSRP: $37620
Selling Price: $35863 (including $750 loyalty discount)
Monthly Payment: $ 392 + tax
Drive-Off Amount: $3167
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12K
Incentives: 750$ Loyalty
Region: CA-NorCal
Leasehackr Score: 6.8
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

An effective $480/mo is not good for the Touring. Why so much DAS???

You need to research comparable CX-9s on here from this month and go back to that dealer and tell them to eat at Taco Bell where the bathrooms are broken.

This should be no more than $400/mo with $400/DAS imo

1 Like

I agree, I’ve got even higher quotes from Honda and Toyota. There seems to be a huge hike in prices due to low inventory (chip shortage)

For an example…this is a Grand Touring

Oh, nice.

Will try and re-negotiate. The problem is that most dealers in the area (50 miles) have very few cars in stock (and most are the premium ones)

Yes, inventory is a low but I bet you could extend your search radius and have the car delivered.
I would keep at it.

I leased a CX-30 albeit different cars but same manufactures. What I recommend you do is to cast a wider net. I did 100 miles but that is due to 15-20 dealers in So-Cal. Contacting all 15-20 really did help me in my search. How many have you contacted so far?

Since I’m a newby at this - if I find a car farther away - how do I have it shipped to a closer dealership?

You either pay a shipping company to have it sent to you (not a closer dealer) or you fly/drive to go get it. The majority of my leases have involved a one way rental to drive out and get the vehicle and then drive back.

1 Like

I got lucky with mine, live in NJ, found a dealer in MD, got a 10.25% discount offers MSRP before incentives and they drove the car to me free of charge, was about 140 miles.

Are you able to share your dealer contact?

Sure I’ll message you