Lease advice - budget roomy SUV

I leased a CX-30 albeit different cars but same manufactures. What I recommend you do is to cast a wider net. I did 100 miles but that is due to 15-20 dealers in So-Cal. Contacting all 15-20 really did help me in my search. How many have you contacted so far?

Since I’m a newby at this - if I find a car farther away - how do I have it shipped to a closer dealership?

You either pay a shipping company to have it sent to you (not a closer dealer) or you fly/drive to go get it. The majority of my leases have involved a one way rental to drive out and get the vehicle and then drive back.

1 Like

I got lucky with mine, live in NJ, found a dealer in MD, got a 10.25% discount offers MSRP before incentives and they drove the car to me free of charge, was about 140 miles.

Are you able to share your dealer contact?

Sure I’ll message you

I have gotten the deal below. I know it is not the greatest, though with the current chip shortage couldn’t find a better deal. Most dealership (checked over 10 up-to 150 miles radius) only have the fully loaded trims which are much more expensive

What do you think? What other ways do I have to negotiate (or get more benefits)?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: Mazda CX-9 Touriing
MSRP: $ 37620
Selling Price: 35863
Monthly Payment: $ 468 (post tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $ 3000
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 12K
MF: 0.00051
Residual: 24,829
Incentives: $750 (loyalty)
Region: norcal
Leasehackr Score: 6 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Does the selling price include the $750 loyalty incentive? If you remove the down payment from your calculator, your monthly is closer to $500.

Some quotes I got for 2021 GT from May was in the low $400 pretax with 2k DAS. Just sharing for your data point. Feel free to DM me.

1 Like

Yes, the selling price is after the $750.

@etimor keep all your questions in one thread.

And it seems like you’ve been given plenty of good advice already and ignored it. :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I did check multiple dealerships and tried stating the price I wanted (but due to very limited options - less than 10 cars in that trim in 200 miles radius) there was a limit to how low I managed to bring them down

For Mazda, what else can I try and negotiate (MF is 0.00051) and also added ~$700-1000 worth of accessories for free

Out of all the recommendations given to you, what made you think the Mazda CX-9 had lease programs worth making it a good target?

What do you mean by that? Compared to other brands? I’ve looked around (again, I’m not an expert) and it seems there are every few good programs at the moment (due to the chip shortage). I’ve checked Hyundai, Toyota, and some Subaru lots - all had very few cars available (most did not have any in the trim I was looking for)

Where was any advice given to you to drive around looking at dealer lots? Who said you’d get any actionable intelligence from doing that?

Yes compared to other brands. It’s relative. Even in a sellers market some programs are better than others. So knowing that what vehicle(s) have you or are you going to target?

narrowed down to Mazda CX9 (Touring+Premium), Honda Pilot (EXL), or Hyundai Santa FE if much cheaper

Hi,

About to lease a car and was wondering if Gap insurance is even needed? Of course getting it from the dealership is not worth it, but is it something that I should even look into?

Regular car (CX9), 2 years lease

Thanks

Is GAP insurance necessary?
  • Yes
  • Also Yes
0 voters
3 Likes

Yes, the car depreciates faster than you pay down the loan.
Current uptick in used car prices is abnormal.

So if you total the car without GAP you are on the hook for the difference.

1 Like

Thanks, who might be a good provider for only gap insurance? AFAIK My car insurance (Geico) does not provide one. And the dealer will probably over charge me for one