Lease a BMW i3 as low as $125 a month, $0 drive-off. (Yes really) [Updated for May]

I’m glad you can treat this like a game but I’d argue the rest of us are just looking for good deals on cars. I had a lease that was up on a non-competitive model and this was the best deal I could get on a vehicle that fit all my requirements at this time of the year. Hardly “unworthy.”

Congratulations on your deal, but given that I’ve already had a few PMs I think you’re the exception here.

2 Likes

True, but MF is different now, also no MSD and no AARP. I have no BMW Corporate Fleet discount. Also, it’s difficult to find ~$45k car.

Does the whole waitlist on getting CVRP as of June 30 kill these type of deals for everyone?

That’s something I’m trying to figure out but it depends more on your own financial situation. The $7500 lease credit is a federal incentive that goes directly to BMWFS, who passes the whole thing on to you. The $2500 CVRP rebate is a check that is mailed to the individual registering the car, so as far as BMW and the dealership are concerned that was never a factor on the back end except to shift the acquisition and registration fees and the like up front to make a nice clean $2500 drive-off payment.

I’ll have to dig into my savings for that in the meantime, but in recent years the state’s been great at reauthorizing the program funding so I don’t expect to be on the waitlist long. Besides, there are conversations within the legislature about adopting a Colorado-style incentive built into the sale price, especially as GM and Tesla rapidly approach their volume cap for the $7500 federal rebate.

Definitely a bummer that I signed my paperwork late on the 29th and didn’t get home until the early morning of the 30th though, had I been more up on the exact CVRP situation I would have insisted upon borrowing the salesman’s computer for a few minutes…

I guess what I was trying to say is that the $2500 CVRP being on hold makes this come out to more than $125/mo so can’t replicate the deal unless the program starts back up off the waitlist. It’s kind of a killer for all of these EV deals.

Couple questions:
Why is BMW the only one passing on the $7500 as lease cash (i.e. Chevy does not do this with the Volt)?

Also, I was trying to decide between this and the Volt. Hard pick. Any thoughts anyone? Would ideally like to get payment < $100 not by putting more money down but by getting a better deal.

one can’t replicate this deal anymore even with the $2500 CVRP. you can try to do similar things, but with AARP and with MSDs, it wont be that close.

It’s more like GM is the only one not passing it on (well, excluding Tesla). The other EV players like Nissan do pass the whole $7500 on to the leasee.

A little off topic but anybody know about any deals on the Leaf? I’m looking for any EV car that after rebates, down, sign up, etc comes out to < $100 month lease at the end of the 3 years. Looking for 36 mo with 15k miles.

To put it another way, looking for 36mo/45k lease that over life of lease minus rebates is about $3500. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

You can buy a Leaf for like $9k if you live in Colorado.

buy or lease? i can buy a used one in CA for that.
all the more reason they are all headed to a landfill.

1 Like

New. Excel has a 10k rebate on top of fed and state.

hey Willwar14… i’d pay you to make this happen for me. if you have interest- please hit me at alsrecords@me.com thank you!

Who’s Excel ? 20 Char

Not sure if anyone is doing 15k a year with this payment, but Fiat 500e should come close imo.

Check out this site for the latest EV lease deals. No guarantee that your local dealer will match these offers but it does show you what regional markets are offering.

BMW seems to be lacking with lease deals. Do you think an opportunity for this ~$125 lease will come around again? Maybe in the winter?

The deal has changed almost completely.

No Ability to apply MSD’s
No AARP incentive
CVRP is on a hold list (unless you qualify for low income)

I’d say it’s unlikely you will be able to replicate this deal. How close can you get is the question.

This deal is pretty much dead.

MSDs is dead.
CVRP rebate is on hold.
No AARP rebate & the fleet incentive it gave access to has cut the MF reduction and the incentive was cut down to $500.

1 Like

I need to know which socal dealerships offer this. How do I PM you?

Offer what? The dead deal?

2 Likes