Lease: 2024 mazda cx-5 carbon turbo awd msrp $39,435

Looking to lease a mazda cx-5 carbon turbo awd msrp is $39,435 IN SOUTHER CALI

the best lease numebrs I got $390 (taxes included 8.25 with $5,000 down 36 months/10k, sales person that i am working is telling me they’re $500 below invoice at selling PRICE $37,852… money factor is .00115.

is this a good deal? or should i start looking at more dealership?

The math works out and I don’t see anything shady in regards to money factor markup or dealer fees or add-ons:

Personally, I find the base version of the CX-5 quite nice already (leatherette interior, power driver’s seat). At $40K, the CX-5 begins to lose some of its appeal, especially considering the aging design (largely unchanged since MY 2017).

If you do go for it, I’d definitely consider MSDs which have a big return on this lease.

1 Like

two reasons why i’m going with turbo carbon, it has the lowest money factor rate and also it looks great with terracotta leather interior, trying to see if i can get a bit more money off and most definitely will pull the trigger

Don’t do the $5000 down, first payment or $0 DAS, total the car and that $5000 goes poof! As suggested ask about MSD’s, you’ll get those back and lower the payment

2 Likes

$19,000+ every 3 years is a ton of money to spend on this segment. It’s more than half the purchase price of this car. In two leases you’d have paid more in lease payments than the price of the car.

You can get a lot more car for the money on a more hackable car. Or if you really want the car you can buy it and own it on like 4-year cycles instead of 3-year lease cycles.

Of those 3 options this lease makes the least sense to me.

my idea is to lease it then buy it, and i wanted to take advantage of the low money factor, still deciding if I should pull the trigger

First of all, no one replaces what was a brand new car with what is now the same but used car for a higher monthly payment. That’s just human nature. Let’s be candid. If you’re like 99% of people you’ll replace a leased car with another leased car.

Second, you have to add the sales tax on the RV plus all the payments from financing at a used car loan APR then compare that to financing with a new car loan from day one. It’s relatively simple math but if you need any help the forum can help you

Lol there goes max_g again telling people to avoid leasing. @DanQays , max_g loves to talk people out of leases. He thinks he’s doing folks a favor by having them save money by driving used cars or keeping cars for longer than a normal lease term.

Michael and Joeblogs are giving you useful leasing advice. Assuming your monthly budget allows, if you use MSD’s and remove your cap-cost reduction, you can spend significantly less over the lease term with MSD.

Here’s your lease using Michael’s calculator link, but with max MSD and $0 down payment.

The LH calculator link above also has a comparative 48 month financing @ 3.5% interest (assumes some subvention from Mazda). I also assume all the up-front (including MSD) on the lease side gets put into a down payment on the financing side. Last, I assume you sell the car after 4 years with a 50% residual at that time.

You can see the lease monthly effective cost would be similar to the 48 month buy/sell approach’s effective monthly. So IMO, your lease offer is pretty good. Plus your monthly payment would be much lower vs the financing option.

I don’t know what other cars max_g thinks is better than the CX-5 at this price point, but I suspect it’ll be something like a used Corolla.