Lease 2022 Escalade, Tahoe, Durango, etc

100% agreed about the stroller in the trunk.

My wife didn’t even like the trunk height of the outgoing JGC. Frankly she felt it drove too much like a truck (because well it kind of is a truck compared to crossovers).

Crossovers & minivans are better tools for the suburban job.

2 Likes

Too complicated

2 Likes

And all cuz hubris.

1 Like

Agreed. Also it’s not just the heights but the width of Tahoes and Suburban to get kids into those cars. I’d think of these cars only after kids 3-4 years old so they can climb on their own.

Mid size 3-row SUV would serve better if you don’t want to go minivan route.

1 Like

Was considering the Jeep GCL, but from the reviews I read it’s not the best one. Let’s say it seems that Edmunds where not impressed …
" * Interior materials look nice in pictures but aren’t impressive in person" , but also other reviews where not impressed. But it’s an option. Actually if I go to take a test drive on the Durango I might take a look also at the Jeep as it’s anyway the same dealership.

So it’s an option - I’d say more lower on the list, but still on the list

I don’t like the Sequoia - not the interior, not the exterior

So the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade is not a good car for a family? Many of the Tahoe’s reviews say it’s one of the best, if not the best family SUV

And actually one of the reasons I consider Tahoe/Yukon over the Durango / XT6 is because it has larger trunk so can fit inside double stroller
Like, the trunk of the Durango/XT6 doesn’t look that big and I’m not sure it will contain double stroller and groceries - Am I’m right?

About getting into the car - is stepping inside for a 5yrs/old / put and buckle babies in a car seat going to be an issue?

@Lvs23 makes a point about Mid size 3-row SUV - my only concern is the size of the trunk - if it’s fits double stroller, groceries / double strollers and some luggage when going on a family trips, etc.

Bottom line - what will be better for 3 kids - toddler and two babies: full size SUV - Tahoe/Yukon or mid size SUV - Durango / XT6 ? in terms of comfort, safety, etc. etc.

Honestly, I’d look at the expedition

The middle rows do slide forward without you having to take the car seats off (tahoe/Escalade seats collapse, can’t do it with car seat in). Kind of a game changer for this age

Better mpg is a bonus. Plus more within your price range, even the extended trunk model

sigh for the 200th time in this thread, go test drive for yourself instead of letting edmunds/random strangers make the decision for you. Just because Johnny Appleseed at edmunds wasn’t impressed with the buttons in the JGC shouldn’t drop it low on your list, especially not under the durango, which is 10+ years old whereas the JGC is newly redesigned this year

Go test drive them all. Take the kids. Take the strollers

5 Likes

Fortunately, the beat minivan on the market in the states is Korean.

1 Like

Many dealerships not really have cars available on stock for test. I tried to contact. So far I tested the Tahoe. And btw - the guys from Edmunds were right about the seats comfort - not “amazing” … (understatement …)

Question about the Durango: you (and others here / reviews) mentioned the fact it’s 10+ years - is it really “affect” the car ? / matter ?
Like, I’m assume the technology of the car is updated to 2022? After all, the 2021-2022 model looks different (exterior & interior) than the 2020/2019/8 etc . Durango?

As well, it has many new / updated features. So why is it matter?

Too complicated.

I know you don’t want to hear it but the Kia Carnival is the answer to all your questions and concerns.

3 Likes

I’d definitely give best minvan to sienna. AWD and 36 mpg city. Toyota has achieved the holy grail of minivans in the current gen. The ultimate utility vehicle for people who don’t have an anti-sliding door phobia.

Tahoe would be a good family car but it’s $20k more expensive (for similar interior space) and requires you to be okay spending $400/month on gas. For all but the most well heeled family minivans are the best vehicle there is.

1 Like

Being a minivan driver for 18+ years… I highly recommend the Sienna, especially now with the progressive styling and hybrid engine.

The last minivan I had was the Chrysler Pacifica PHEV… and that was a great vehicle… just had quite a few battery issues (it was the first gen). Not sure if that has been ironed out now but for the PHEV and heavy discounting that Chrysler is running, economically may be a better choice.

I am also looking into a Tahoe (but only the diesel version because of MPG)… just very very expensive. Not sure about the comfort comment from Edmunds… I have a Silverado which is similar seats and they are fine to me.

Good luck.

1 Like

Been driving around a sienna hybrid for the last week. What a pile.

Cant wait to get back to my carnival.

Damn really? I heard good things…what don’t you like about it? genuinely curious

Get the Durango. I’m sure Dodge isn’t crazy enough to keep a vehicle on the market for 10+ years and not update any of the interior or tech. I’m sure it’s way better than a brand new MY JGCL.

I sat in one recently and it was amazing. Don’t judge for yourself. Listen to a complete stranger on the internet.

6 Likes

The powertrain is the most gutless pos ever. How you can have the torque of an electric motor and still feel like it wont go up a hill amazes me. Beyond that, the interior layout is a poor use of space up front, it suffers from toyotas usual antiquated infotainment, etc.

1 Like

I’m sorry but there’s nothing serious about an Escalade at $1,000 per month. It’s like trying to find a gas station that has gas at $3 a gallon right now.

1 Like

All of the toyota hybrids are like this. They are just not fast vehicles. From a dead stop they are okay. They are also okay after you floor it and count to three. But their powertrains are shockingly unresponsive. Drive like a turbo with the world’s worst turbo lag. To be honest though I have a Volvo T8 and it’s also got terrific delays in throttle going from “easy” to “oh, I guess you want to go fast after all”.

With that said it’s still a toyota and unlike every ICE-only vehicle on the road now they don’t have a hideously implemented start/stop mode which makes the car shudder from stops and the AC stop working properly while at lights.

2 Likes