Leaf SL Plus deal (edited: deal check)

Went to the local nissan dealer today that had a leftover 2020 SL Plus Leaf leftover. Thinking they’re happy to unload it and i’d land something in the low to mid 200’s, I took a drive, didnt think it was bad and went and sat down to do numbers.

They took the 45k MSRP, knocked off 2 grand, applied the 11k rebate to get somewhere in the 33k range on a 53% residual and quoted me something like $426 a month on a 24/10.

I foolisly let them run my credit before running numbers thinking I had it in the bag. Should have realized them insisting on running my credit before talking numbers should have been a red flag.

I laughed my way out of there.

Usually there’s a reason why a car may be celebrating its second birthday at the dealer. Some dealers just don’t know when to let something go.

1 Like

i took their numbers from the worksheet they printed out and put it in the the LH calculator exactly as printed and im still only getting 379 or so a month

It’s because the incentives are taxable.

1 Like

You Dont Know Me Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

Most common reason for vehicles celebrating their anniversaries on dealer lots…

I’m back at it, pitting dealers against each other. Still appalling to me how many leftover 2020 Leaf SL Plus’s there are on the lots and how unwilling dealers are to move them.

The worst so far has been Glendale nissan. I contacted them for a leftover SL plus and they responded telling me they’d get back to me. Never did. Followed up 2x, didnt hear back. This morning I heard from the sales manager asking if theyve answered my questions, told him no. He apologized and swore he’d work with me, and I never heard from him again.

I got one dealer to sort of play ball. Let me know what you think of this deal. This is the extended range SL plus model, top of the line.

I had them apply VPP to the deal and theyre going 11.7% off MSRP. I shot for 15% off MSRP but they said no. No dealer seems to care about loyalty, even though I have a current nissan lease. I’m currently going back and forth with them to get them to drop their sale price close to 14% off MSRP.

The best Ive seen from a broker here is 250+tax on a SV plus (one model lower MSRP in the 42k range) on a 24/10.

after several dealers completely ghosting me, i just decided to go with Jeff and Beach cities auto brokers. Doing the SL+ deal with them using a VPP code.

Waiting to do paperwork and take delivery now. Jeff’s super easy to work with.

Signed a deal through Beach cities auto. Pretty happy with the deal i got!

happy ending! the best part is telling all the lazy dealers who “followed up” to pound sand.

Thanks for sharing!

It’s literally linked in the post above yours…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.