Launching an Alfa Romeo Dealership...Good Idea?

Just found out that my buddy’s uncle, a well known used luxury car dealer in the ATL has just launched an Alfa Romeo dealership (only the second one in the Metro Area). I was surprised as I feel Alfa has somehow failed its North American comeback. I recall seeing all these Alfa threads a couple of years back when I joined the LH community but today brand seems almost forgotten. I barely see Alfas out there and IMO they have started to age compared to what’s out there.
What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Well maybe this will help Alfa’s comeback?

In the dealership’s ZIP code maybe?

I drive a Stelvio and have actually seen more Alfas in my neck of the woods, Winter Haven, FL. This has picked up more in the last year I’d say. Prior to my June 2019 lease, never saw them.

As far as owning an Alfa dealership, not sure that’s going to be a moneymaker,

Atlanta or Arizona are probably the two best markets to launch a new dealer in right now given that Cali has too many dealers and those two areas have always been a hotbed for luxury cars with very little competition. I don’t see Alfa being a huge money maker, but might be the foot in the door to open bigger brand name dealers since he owns a used car lot.

A true Alfa dealer is kind of refreshing - all these Fiat, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Alfa dealerships dilute the brand and the sales/service experience

Used car dealer starting an Alfa dealership. Good fit!

1 Like

I’m 5 minutes from an Alfa/Maserati dealer and see tons of Stelvios (and I actually had a Giulia)

I’m sure if you aren’t near a dealer you won’t see many but they are planning on a new smaller SUV

No Spider, no Alfa, imho. Bring us a battery Spider. Instant hit.

Mopar Mike is totally onboard.

1 Like

Hopefully he’s opening a large service bay, since that’ll be his primary revenue stream. :joy:

7 Likes

With LOTS of loaner cars

3 Likes

Starting inventory seems ok 71 cars in this market is very good. May have to get into brokering :slight_smile:

I want ownership in a dealer. Whoever wants to a partner for a location I’d be interested at the proposition. Always intrigued me.