Largest Lease Incentives (% of MSRP not just $$)

I am not sure if such thread exists but I thought it would be great to have a thread identifying large lease incentives as % of MSRP not just $$.

Please post your response in following format

Year & Model - 2019 Hyundai Ioqniq EV Base
MSRP - $30,315
Lease Incentive - $15,000
% of MSRP - 49.48%
Month - Jan 2020
Region - Nationwide

Some guidelines to follow

• Please use the correct Model Year & Trim
  • Please check the MSRP
  • Don’t just post the highest dollar amount as $10k on $80k car is not same as $10k on $30k.
  • Pease mention the region & month-year of the incentive.

Happy posting and lease hacking.

2 Likes

Why did you tag Acura and BMW? Bad idea, anyway. The same as tracking MF/RV, for example.

2 Likes

I only tagged as it was asking me to add tags… :zipper_mouth_face:

Dunno. Maybe “SUV” and “sedan” would do?

1 Like

Updated. Thanks.

Why stop there? Create the following lists:

Largest dealer discount.
Highest RV
Lowest MF

Then cross reference them all.

4 Likes

Add Dealers that will use base MF to that list

3 Likes

And dealers who refuse to do MSDs even though they can.

And which ones have the best coffee.

10 Likes

And the best ROI on MSD.

Can’t forget to throw into the list all 3rd party RV / MF (US Bank, Ally, etc) as well.

2 Likes

Leases with lease calculator score above 20 that should combine incentives, MF, residual etc

1 Like

And who allows lease transfers.

3 Likes

Might have to split that into 3 lists:

• Don’t allow transfers
  • Allow transfers but retain liability
  • Allow transfers and releases liability
1 Like

In case anyone’s curious, DCH Tustin Acura has the WORST coffee I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

I like the idea of a data base that is transparent. Then you can query on any data you input.
$0 down payment would be beneficial as well. Tired of seeing a good lease payment in the subject line only to find out dealer/broker has a down payment required after you spend an hour reading the thread.

And probably breaking leases between dealers and brokers. Generalising but when I see a broker deal its usually very transparent and clean without gimmicks. But in last 6 months or so I keep seeing dealers talk a good game but when you dive into the numbers there is a downpayment, which is similar to what you’d see in a commentical or if you walked in off the streets.

1 Like

Who cares what’s advertised? Why aren’t you controlling the deal when you reach the point of asking for a lease payment? Always ask for $0 due at signing. It makes it much easier when trying to compare deals, and if your credit supports it the dealers don’t care. You don’t need a database for that.

1 Like

Don’t need that. SAL has that data on all of them.

1 Like

Well those are great questions that I’ve asked myself but anytime someone reads my question/post and doesn’t like it they flip out. Usually “trusted hackers.”

This is my experience:
I read the title and all posts to the thread. Broker/dealers says to most questions, “Read my first post!!” So I get gun shy of being blasted.
But then I see others asking questions that have been answered already and they’ll get a reply anyway. Things are very arbitrary and contradictory.
Similarly, a couple brokers have set up their own websites and will only point users with questions to the pricea in a website which requires need sign up/in credentials. If that something that can be flagged?
Lastly, the posts also make it seem like “these are my prices, take it or leave it.”
How should I approach the brokers/dealers that point back to a spreadsheet or “my first post” that lays out a downpayment or other fees that seem unnecessary?

It might, but it won’t be on the list that we can cross reference with the dealerships with the best coffee at the same.

1 Like

It’s a similar situation to dealing with the dealership: if they tell you a Honda Pilot is $900 a month take it or leave it what do you do? Even if you can afford it, it shouldn’t cost nearly that much.

A modest amount of research to understand what the cars are selling for below MSRP, posting on Edmunds to get all of the variables that make up the lease payment, and a few hours learning how to use the calculator will pay huge dividends. Maybe that is the lowest price and it’s just more than you wanna pay, but how will you know if it’s marked up if you don’t do your own homework?

1 Like