Landfilling Procedure

Lol what other part of your reply would you like me to address sir?

I thought you were “over it” and I’m free to “move along” yet here you are drawing me back. So, I ask how are you over it? Was this thread therapeutic to you? Did it provide you with a safe space to air your grievance with about a specific person? (that you could have pm’d but we can ignore that for the sake of entertainment)

Belly rub!

3 Likes

Please keep the discussion related to the topic introduced by OP.

4 Likes

This may be the first 8 hour timeout between replies if you get into the weeds regarding.

Yeah, that’s the only thing that really annoys me about slow mode.

I just moved a bunch of OT posts, including a couple of mine, to Landfill.

Please stay on topic.

Next stop is slow mode.

1 Like

Hmm… thought my post was on topic… guess it kind of proved the OP’s point that landfilling is subjective. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I re-read it, and you’re right. It could have stayed here.

Sorry about that, and thanks for calling it out.

(You’re also right that this is subjective in many cases.)

4 Likes

Waiting for a discussion about Covid to come up. :slight_smile:

So I get the OP’s gripe… but at the same time, hoomans are hoomans.

Posting this thread was the best way to call out the disparity.

Now let’s see how long slow mode takes.

2 Likes

Here you go. We can move both ways :grin:

Subjective moderation. Sounds Orwellian to me.

2 Likes

Like Pre-musk Twitter?

1 Like

@trism No worries… I was half kidding anyways… but thanks for re-assessing.

To try and stay on topic, I personally think the TH’ers are doing a pretty good job of splitting posts etc… especially the Wanted ads… that’s almost its own landfill. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad that folks are willing to share their suggestions on how to make this community better and feel passionately about it!

I do notice there’s been an increase in political discussions on LH lately, which can be divisive given how strongly people feel about politics. While many car forums and FB groups have a strict “no politics” rule, @littleviolette and I are monitoring as we go – to see if these conversations can be held civilly, in line with the community spirit and what people come to LH for (all things automotive and personal finance).

Compared to my experiences elsewhere on the web, I think this community is lightly moderated, with landfilling serving to steer conversations back on-topic (such as in this thread) and to prevent discussions from going astray or becoming toxic. Landfilling is a moderation tool alternative to closing a thread, which we limit to only specific scenarios per the Moderation Guidelines.

I understand how it can feel frustrating when your post is landfilled, regardless of political persuasion, and recognize that moderation is imperfect and ultimately subjective. That said, if you believe landfilling of a post is not justified based on the Moderation Guidelines, please flag the post and indicate as such. You may also flag inappropriate or off-topic posts by others if you believe those require review against the Moderation Guidelines as well.

Happy Leasehacking!

10 Likes

Wow I guess someone didn’t notice this before landfilling my post today.

It was me. This was broker review thread without any reviews, and 1st review just popped up today. Cleaned it up to contain reviews only.

2 Likes

Careful…when I called out a Bimmerpost mod for straight up editing my post about a negative take on the G80 I got banned for life.

(Kidding about that happening here)
((Serious about that happening on G80Post. F Bimmerpost))

1 Like