Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

They do but this is in addition to the standard doc fee. This is just a BS add on.

Yes and no. The discount is the problem, and you did highlight it, but also started talking about your $587 a month payment. Divide your money down over 24 months and it’s not nearly as far off his as this makes it sound to someone coming in and reading this that doesn’t know what they’re looking at. I know that you know the difference but for new people in here, it can be misleading.

1 Like

They are crap and I wouldn’t pay that. I just decided to go with another car so I never pushed to get it removed. Also regarding the difference in incentive mine is a 36 month lease yours is a 24 I believe the incentive is higher for 24

True, however based on the OP’s response it looks like he understood exactly what I was saying.

I just wanted to post that I messed up in my original post about the $650 acquisition fee. It was hidden in the quote (they just didn’t include a line item for it which is very sneaky).

HELP!!!
About to lease a 2020 GT2. Not sure if this is a good deal or not. It’s a demo vehicle with 5800 miles on it also has the Stillen exhaust and air intake mods.

Find the money factor the dealership is applying and if it’s base
Figure out the residual percentage
Find out what incentives you qualify for
Find out if the add ons are reaidualized, otherwise you’re just paying for them which is stupid since you can’t sell the parts separately at lease end (you’re just paying for them).
Looks like the ‘down’ is cap cost reduction, which you shouldn’t necessarily do on a lease)

The stinger doesn’t lease super well because of the residual. Consider getting an m340i from the broker section, unless you’re really set on the stinger

1 Like

Stinger leases pretty much only make sense when you’re doing it to immediately purchase because you want the larger lease incentives. This one either has no incentives, or they’re all rolled into that discount. Either way, that makes it a particularly poor deal. This looks worse than what I have seen leases on new stingers be, and even those are attrocious.

OP here. As just mentioned, you should NOT be leasing a Stinger unless it’s for immediate buyout. I said as much in the original post as well.

The lease+buyout deal is solid though imho. I did end up doing it. Hop over to one of the stinger forums to get assistance if you want to pursue that. Most folks here will just look at it, and knee-jerk with “that sucks” because they’re tuned to looking at the leasehackr score or monthly payment or money-factor, all of which are not applicable for a lease+buyout.

1 Like

Side note: Doug just bought a brand new, 2018 Stinger GT2, with bumper to bumper factory warranty, for $37k.

Sounds true for a buy and hold scenario. For selling after few years the high depreciation would hurt you just like a lease, but with the added cost of paying full sales tax in the states where you only pay tax on lease payments.

1 Like

Great callout. And here’s the crazy thing: with the lease+buyout, you probably can snag a 2020 Stinger GT2 AWD (I believe he got AWD) for $38k.

If you can find a '19 it would be the best thing to do now, I think it runs around $12k on incentives.
Be aware that you still pay rent charge even immediately buying out after a month, although the rent charge is adjusted as Cap*MF. Then there’s a termination fee, I think it’s $300

I agree. If the goal really is to sell after 3 years, taxes kill the deal. But in general, I’m usually trying to convince buy-and-hold people to do the lease+buyout. For the folks that really just want to lease, the simple answer is: “Don’t get a Stinger”.

1 Like

Can you explain the reasoning behind leasing it and buying it out immediately?

TLDR: Kia provides a large cash rebate on leases, but has terrible lease terms (residual, money factor). So you want to take advantage of the former, without suffering the latter.

6 Likes