Kia just quoted me $1011 on a $56K Telluride

I still don’t get the appeal over a $40k+ Kia. The redditor who compared it to being a faux status symbol like a Chrysler 300 in the 2000s hit the nail on the head. They’re going to age terribly design-wise (heck they already look hideous) and be a blemish on the automotive industry

2 Likes

If one steps back from the ridiculous lease prices, the palluride offers a significantly higher value proposition than any cost competitive 3 row suv. They’re just significantly better than what Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc have to offer. There really isn’t anything that offers anywhere near the same amenities, quality of materials, etc, under $60k.

Now, Kia driving the price higher erodes away at that, and you quickly get yourself into a situation where the value proposition fades away. Jacking up the MSRP on the telluride was a mistake imo.

3 Likes

Telluride looks much better than the palisade imo, might not age so badly.

The car has an excellent warranty when buying, and frankly if you can put looks aside for a second, the equipment and car you get for MSRP is completely unrivaled in the industry, equipment levels shame many luxury cars

Xc90 is a far superior better looking ride than any kia suv

I would much rather pay MSRP for a Telluride than $10K discount off a $75K X7

I was hoping to get a Telluride or a Palisade for the infamous “1% rule”, but sounds like it’s not going to happen any time soon. Perhaps things will get better at year end when dealerships have to make quotas… If there’s a broker here who can make it happen sooner, then please let me know (I’m fine waiting, my Pilot lease ends in July 2021)

So this was just a “Wanted” ad all along… those belong in that section.

That’s because the 1% rule is BS and should be ignored at all cost. You’re far better off learning to evaluate leases based on their specific details rather than some rule that has no grounding in reality.

1 Like