Kia EV6 reservation available

Hey folks, my coworker reserved Kia EV6 (MSRP) in Dallas, TX, but ended up moving to CA and buying used ev6 first edition. Dealer in TX says car is almost there and they need to decide if keeping or cancelling. In CA dealer markup is 10K, but because of sales tax and shipping, it’s probably not worth it.
Is there a market for reservation transfer for Kias? Is anyone interested?

So what’s the shot? List?

You mentioned a CA dealer selling at +10 which should have nothing to do with a TX reservation.

Oh, asking what would make sense to do.

• Buying new one and selling the old one is an option but too much hustle, I guess.
  • Selling reservation for something ? (where, how much?)
  • Buying and moving to CA to sell?

Why would anybody buy a reservation?

My Wind AWD with tech arrived today - at MSRP (I probably will decline though) and the same dealer has GT-Line AWD and various other Wind AWDs at MSRP also. It’s not like EV6s are being marked up across the country… maybe just CA. Heck, if you are paying nearly $69K for an EV… go buy a Genesis GV60 at MSRP from dealers in the Northeast. That’s a vastly better car.

I saw an used EV6 GT-Line AWD on a Jeep dealer lot for sale at $54K. Had a few thousand miles on it… MSRP was $59K.

The only EV6 that will continue to have markups is the new GT. Dealers are only being allocated 2 or 3 the entire year.

2 Likes

You are too late, there is no shortage of Kia EVs anywhere but in CA. At $55k, Kia EV6 is severely overpriced.

4 Likes

No, you won’t be selling a Kia EV reservation. Especially in this site.

It’s not qualified for the tax credit right?

Not unless you reserved one before the IRA was signed in August, with a binding sales contract.

No, due to the loss of the tax credit, Korean EVs aren’t good a value anymore.

1 Like

The platform is solid aside from some software quirks but I wouldn’t go as far as to say they’re a poor value.

I still personally wouldn’t have paid any premium over list BEV credit or none.

3 Likes

Yeah if a base Model Y is $66K then a Wind AWD with Tech at $54K is a good deal IMO. Ioniq 5 Limited at $56K is a good value too.

Other lower EV6/Ioniq5 trims… meh. I’d probably pick an 2023 ID.4 that has few features and would be at a lower price point now due to tax credit.

All EVs are overpriced though… except maybe the Lyriq and Bolt. The 2022 Mach-Es were a good deal but the 2023 pricing is insane.

2 Likes

I got the EV6 GT-line through a broker here just before the change for $2k below MSRP (when I get the tax credit). I like the car very much and despite I possibly will loose money on the future sale, I don’t know what I would drive instead right now.
In comparison to wife’s 2022 Mach-E Select, a better driving experience.

True but in todays world the Mach E select is about 15k cheaper with the tax credit. Without tax credits 90% of these vehicles are not worth it. 2023 should be interesting.

2 Likes

Agreed. Expecting or hoping for big blowouts like etrons of yesteryear.

The Jeep GC 4xe is being pushed hard now. They know it’s a dog for the $ without the $7500. Even with 12k in rebates it’s only a ok deal depending on what kind of discount you can get on purchase price.