Kia Dealership issues

LH community is a rough crowd. Please identify the dealer.

He will not identify the dealer and it was never his intent. He played LH against the dealer, like “see what will happen, if you don’t make it right?”.

2 Likes

Do we even care? The whole story just seems dumb.

1 Like

It makes for a good cautionary tale: don’t walk into the dealership after the captive is closed for the day, expecting they will write you a check for any lease equity you think that you have, but instead they ground your lease :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Also, why deal with a dealership if you can sell it to carvana, vroom etc…for the same price?

P.S. - has kia banned third party sales/buyouts?

Hyundai/Kia allow it, but they’re such a pain in the ass to deal with that most 3rd party dealers won’t bother

2 Likes
1 Like

I remember something like this…thanks.

Yeah i guess it’s a rock & a hard place…

If that’s the case, I take back my sympathy!

1. How much equity were we talking about here?
  2. How in the world do you walk away without your car that you never signed over?
1 Like

They undid it, getting car now. Dealership is Kia in Fontana CA. Stay away from them at all cost.

Not sure why people are so hostile over this post. My only intent was to help people by telling them to stay away from this shady dealer; not to stir drama or ask for help. The only reason why I didn’t announce was in case I had to take legal matters.

2 Likes

About 7k in positive equity. How? no idea… they said it’s “legally” theirs since they already input it into the system and Kia is closed on Saturdays so I wasn’t able to call them. If i had a key, I probably would have just driven away.

1 Like

I recently sold my leased Pallasite to a Hyundai dealership, and they didn’t ask for my signature either which was a little weird. But I made the used car manager sign a paper that they owe me equity on the car before giving them both the keys.

1 Like

And that’s the part I would have called bullshit on. The contract is between you and the bank, and neither of you signed off on the dealer taking the car. I would never have left without it.

Guess they don’t want to buy it after all? So now what.

We’re a binge-watch society now, nobody can abide a season finale cliff-hanger that doesn’t resolve until the fall.

Glad you got your car back. Selling to a different dealer or buying it out first?

2 Likes

I suppose so lol.

Yea, I decided I’ll try 2-3 other dealers and if they can’t get near my number or don’t want to buy it at all (which one dealer didn’t which was so weird), then I’ll just have to buy it out, eat the taxes and sell to Carvana =/.

1 Like

I’d go even further and say “nobody can abide sex without orgasm” :grin:

2 Likes

I would argue that some people could if they used a coupon, but we’re grossly off topic, even for the off ramp.

Probably they got the sense early that you both were too far apart. Maybe they were only interested in taking back leases but not paying out equity.

Done and dusted.