Kia dealers are horrible

Is it just me or it’s everyone’s experience with KIA dealers?
They are so horrible and they would lie to your face to get you to their dealership. Their manager told me one thing and when I get to their dealership they told me something completely different. And I have the emails for proof. What’s funny is he’s treating his costumer like I’m his employee, like I owe them money. really rude attitude. I will never buy a KIA in my life based on that. Their dealership is a joke.

1 Like

Wait till you experience their service department.

3 Likes

What other cars have been shopping for?
Why do you think that Kia dealers are any different than any other?
They are all in a business to make money. Some of them are willing to loose money some times, that makes it a hack. If not, move on to the next or a dozen next. If you don’t have stomach to deal with that, maybe hire a broker?
I know, more questions than answers, but you were mostly venting, right…

One sales guy tells me $600/month for a Kia Optima.

They think they are selling Land Rover.

2 Likes

Just don’t let it sway you away from the car. If you like the car try another dealer, maybe further away but could be worth the drive. But first make sure they stick to the deal they promise. So far I had pretty good luck with email confirmation of the numbers. Last three deals just came to sign the paperwork and take delivery, so it’s doable.

Kia dealers are horrible … and so are their cars lol. they do you a favor by not wanting to sell you one.

5 Likes

That’s the problem! They can’t fulfill their promises! They are just lying so they are get you to the dealership waste your time! Some KIA dealers won’t even give you numbers on phone/emails. My experience with them is just the worst.

Well, if that’s the case try a Hyundai or worst comes to worst a BMW for $300 mo :slight_smile:

no korean car for me man. I don’t think they can make good cars.

Don’t let them get away with it, what’s the dealers name?

That didn’t stop you from shopping for one, though.

2 Likes

i agree about kia dealers and service depts - they suck.
however, many hyundai and kia are made in Alabama, not Korea.

there are great deals on the optima S but my 2 local dealers blow so i skip it and focus on Sonata/Accord.
Accord - no lease subsidies yet
Sonata - better deals on buys rather than leases this month (varies a lot)

That actually made things worse as far as quality.

4 Likes

its funny because they try to make money by holding MSRP but regardless it is still a flat for them because there is little money from invoice. for socal its mostly young guys who are dealer hopping to try and get a promotion.

And in other news water is wet.

Kia dealers seem to have a terrible reputation but realistically you can get terrible offers from just about every brand in the business.

2 Likes

Now, now, i have a 2011 Sonata since April 2010.
Only 11 recalls to date and the well-documented engine failure warranty extension
Value is so low that i am keeping it as a beater…

1 Like

Exactly. Sales usually isn’t too bad. They lie of course, but you can still get a good deal. CJDR dealerships on the other hand are the absolute worse in both areas.

If only I was able to renegotiate the residual due to this whole engine recall mess, i would keep it too. On the other hand, engine warranty for 15 years does not sound too bad.

And now he’s gone ashamed

That’s true on the salesman side. They usually don’t give a shit about prices. The sales manager, who decides how much to sell you the car for, does. Because they’re not paid per vehicle usually, but rather on overall gross every month (with spiffs every once in a while as well).