KARR Security System (Jeep) Mandatory on Lease?

What kind of BS is that, oh uh when can still get you a tier 1 approval but will have to add all this crap that makes the payment go up. It just doesn’t even make sense, your increasing the amount of the contract to get a deal bought at a lower tier, I call complete BS. Although not surprising from an FCA dealer. Plus these are aftermarket items, not even Chrysler’s crap.

You know these things literally cost dealers less than $100 to install right? Probably less than $50.

So the finance finally called her, and stated it was used to buy the rate down and that cause she agreed on the 330. And that it didn’t affect the over all cost. I’ll black out personal info and pics the documents. I’m sure she got screwed, and probably nothing we can do.

I truly hate car dealership we were going to try Honker just to skip this crap but closest dealership for one car was 150 miles away. ( We called because we had a trade).

Would calling corporate even be worth it?

And I’m still confused on the 5yr when it a 3yr lease…

I think the lesson here is always post you’re deal here before signing and don’t let the uninformed go sign alone. And pretty much any aftermarket crap they try to sell you is a profit center.

Here are two files, think this shows everything needed. Just trying to verify if they used the “KARR” to bump up the price of the car for the monthly payment.

Still can someone explain “buying the rate down”

It looks you still paid a higher MF than what I was seeing quoted on edmunds which seemed to be 0.00001 on FWD and 0.00007 on AWD. I’m calculating a MF at 0.00061 (edited as I originally divided by 24). Can you post up the MSRP of the car as well so we can see the discount? I’m guessing it’s between 36k and 37k but it’d be good to know to see if it’s a still a reasonable deal even with the over $2,000 dollars in add ons as 330/mo ($391/mo net) for a car in that MSRP range typically wouldn’t be all that bad. Hopefully someone whose shopped these recently can weigh in as well regarding the discount you got.

Sorry another question can I used the above number to plug it into the calculator on site???

Thank

Yes I heard .000001 and .0000068 as MF.

Where do you see 5 years?

So Section 2: BIll of Sale 33845
Certificate of Cost: 32150

Dont see official stated MSRP

car4

Here are the two parts of the pictures, had to cut some details out. Dont have adobe installed to block PII.

She did it to get you the optional vehicle coverage that is included at a 5 year buy of the service.

It is for KARR, not for your lease. You paid for 5 years use of KARR on a 3 years lease. I’m sure you can call and at least change it to 3 years and get credit back.

Or just cancel the whole damn thing. They usually give you like 30 days to cancel this 3rd party junk. Some will prorate, others will do full refund.

Would be ideal, but they won’t do it since the cost has been included in the lease. But may still try and get a check for the full cost, sure.

I can get close using those numbers. I rolled the security deposit and registration and tire fees into the registration fee line item. Most of your trade goes towards fees/first payment.

1 Like

That’s the way it will be done, if this particular company allows a refund. Will also piss off F+I when they lose the profit.

Will be done IF the dealer is cooperating. They will give OP hard time, for sure, since they claimed that KARR reduced their MF.

The whole KARR system is complete crap and as mentioned ran by a company that is only there to pad dealer profit by selling all the add in stuff Finance tries to sell you on and is wholly unnecessary on new cars these days. The car looks to have uconnect which does the exact same thing that SWAT does.

I don’t know, it sounds pretty legit. I assume the SWAT team shows up when you’re gets stolen. The nerve of these FCA dealers, but obviously people get sucked into buying it.