JUST RELEASED - $2,000 i3 Loyalty avaialable with any current BMW! (CA and OR only)

The smart decision is not to do business with people you don’t trust. You have no input on this as you were not involved but sure do have a lot of opinions for an outsider! Do you work or date Dave? My comments were due to the lack of honesty. Yours are based on feelings.

Nothing against Dave here, he flat out said he was too busy to help so no issues there… I understand. Thanks for bringing this deal to our attention.

but I was screwed over by BMW of Muriretta for sure. Sent them a quote asking to see if they can beat it, they said they could and gave their “word” but refused to give it in writing. Called and confirmed before driving and hour and half that car and deal was still on, was told yes. Even filled out a credit app based on verbal trust. Went into the store and then was given the run around about not being able to apply rebates and have the agreed upon discount. Then they mysteriously lost the deal sheet they first showed me when I walked, which had the proper discounts. The three ladies that were bouncing around were totally shady and tried to take advantage of us having to drive so far to come back empty handed. They pretty gave us two options, less discount with more rebates or more rebates with less discount both of which was not was they agreed to over the phone. Took the third option and just left, and thank God we did, because we ended up getting a better discount on a more loaded car with being able to apply all rebates we wanted and ended up paying more than $30/mo less than their best offer. I guess as they say, everything always works out in the end anyways.

4 Likes

Nasty dealership tactics. I would stay away from dealerships like that.
Never dealt with Dave at dealership however the deals he post on this forum are not aggressive and thats just my opinion.

3 Likes

I just had a similar experience where the numbers were not properly explained then I was told na dealership employee had leased the vehicle in question.

On another note I picked up my I3 last night from BMW San Francisco and I’m very happy with the experience. I emailed the sales manager, asking if he could match a deal he responded in 30 minutes with a yes. I went in the following day and picked up my car no issues. I’ll upload to trophy garage today.

This one? He said that here…

Yes:( …

So, you tried to “take” this deal from another user who posted it here? And you are complaining about dealership even though they told you the truth about the car being sold?

Could this work if I had the pink slip to ANY BMW? say a 1970s scrapper?? Has anybody tried this or asked? I would go buy one…

You have yet to show proof of a signed deal that was better.

I laid everything out very transparently and when a deal like this comes up I don’t understand why people over-analyze it. It took my co-worker all of 3 minutes to drop everything he was doing and start putting his paperwork together. Even my post said not to waste time trying to reach me but just come in right away. And by the way…I never lie about a deal. Here’s a photo of Carl’s new wagon parked in front of the store…

It was transparent but I would not say very transparent.

Given that Dave is very active here he just shrugged and said “I don’t know” when I asked why there was a material discrepancy with the leasehackr calculator.

It turns out that the calculator does not have an adjustment for the mileage on the loaner which lowered the residual around 2%. Once I figured it out I realized that Dave was NOT playing any tricks and was ready to do the deal, too late as it turned out.

If I had to give a rating, it would be north of 4 but not 5 stars. I understand he’s busy and would, based on my dealings so far, have no problems working on another deal with @BMW_Dave

@rj123456 Many people enter wrong values into the calculators. You can’t expect salespeople to check your calculations, especially this time of the year. Plus, as a salesperson, how can they trust whichever calculator you are using is accurate/correct?

1 Like

It wasn’t any calculator. It was Leasehackr:slight_smile:
And I shared the link.

You shared a link and didn’t mention it was a loaner, so how was anyone supposed to know there should have been a mileage adjustment?

Also, the LH calculator isn’t 100% correct.

Dude this is stupid. I shared the LH calculator link with a dealer who clearly knows his own vehicle is a loaner with 4K ish miles on it. It’s not 100%. I’m ok with $5-10 off per month but 4K miles will change a lease by $1000.

It’s not his job to figure out why your numbers are different from the quote he gave you. As you said, he did not play any games and you lost the car while playing with calculator.

Again I think the biggest point I was trying to make (which is still so hard for me to believe) is this…when you see a deal like this you don’t question it or try to figure out how the math works. You just pull the trigger. I actually wish I would’ve needed another car myself!

1 Like

That was my thought, too. Some people are so obsessed with not leaving any money on the table and LH score that they miss the big picture. You didn’t need a calculator to realize how good that deal on a rare D wagon loaner was. And I, personally, wouldn’t care if there was 5k “left” on the table.

Agreed. That was an impressive deal.

It’s funny because I see it all the time with real hackers or hardcore shoppers. It’s like they enjoy working a car deal more than actually buying a car. I swear sometimes they don’t want to actually contract (no matter how good the deal is) because then the calculations will end and they’ll have to go back to doing something else. I get it because I love the puzzle of a deal myself but unfortunately “working” deals doesn’t pay the bills…only closing them. Which is another reason I’m not interested in baiting someone as some people think on here.