Just leased a Chevy Trax, 15k/yr, $768 drive-off/one pay lease

Does anyone have a good Chevy dealer contact in the San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles area? I want to pick up an Equinox from a reputable dealer.

Somebody mentioned Simpson Chevrolet in Irvine (do a search). That was my first stop for a Camaro but so far jury is still out for me on whether this is going to turn out good or bad

Anyone with a contact for the LA OC area?

What were the numbers on this lease (as in MF and RV)? I might try to grab one of these if they lease out cheaper than the Cruze in MA.

Hi you think you can post Detail. Like selling price, MF, and residual. or possibly a copy of the contract. i did some math seems like adjusted cap on your vehicle is below the residual value. how did it go through the GM financial system :thinking:

if anyone looking for an Equinox deal around 1200ish one pay in Souther California let me know i have a dealer who has one

Whoa!!! What state was this? Would get one just because it’s so cheap and my Toyota lease ends on Tuesday!!!

Plenty of time. You will be in and out with a free Trax lease in 2 hours tops :).

The cheapest I have been able to get on my lease is $1,500. $64/month zero drive off. Chevy Trax LS

The dealers in my area are not very good with the ins and outs of all the lease tricks. Or maybe they just say they aren’t to screw over the consumer. the dealers in my area don’t know how to setup a one pay lease, others say incentives can’t stack, and others say the waiving of the acquisition fee for a higher money factor ended. Very Frustrating.

Willwar14-
What state are you in? And can you post some details of the numbers?

Not if he is in Florida :expressionless:

do you mind sharing what state youa re ina nd possibly what dealer you got this from?? thank you

Socal people try Premier Chevy of Buena Park. Ask for Tricia.
I got a Trax LT 24months/12k for one pay of ~$1500. Fixed the numbers via mail. I got lucky with a bonus tag.

I’m interested! can you maybe txt me their info?

I DO NOT recommend people go to Quirk Chevy in MA with this. Emailed and called them and they agreed to the numbers.

Once you come in they don’t honor it. They quoted $275 a month for a $23,395 MSRP Trax. They also wanted $3000 down which is hilarious.

They won’t show you the money factor or residual or what the upfront costs are.

Salesman and manager were quite rude and used racial slurs when I walked. First time at a dealer I’ve ever been assaulted too - when I walked one of them grabbed my arm and said “if you go don’t come back and expect this deal again”

Lol $275 a month for a Chevy Trax is a deal for them apparently.

3 Likes

The term for what you received is that you were “low-balled”. They quote something so that you’ll just come into the dealership. They had no intention of ever honoring what they said. And many times people who want or need a car fall for their stunts and proceed with a deal. If you go shopping for cars enough you are bound to have at least one experience like you posted.

Experiences like these are why people hold car salesmen in such low regard. Because of events like this all car salesmen (good and bad) get painted with the same brush.

• sad but true

Post their names so they can be shamed. This is brutish and appalling behavior by any human standard. They should be exposed.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your experience. I had a pretty good experience there when I was looking at the Volt. They gave me all the numbers up front including MF. They proceeded to low ball me on my trade, which is expected, but they were overall pleasant. Who did you work with?

I had a good experience at Quirk putting together my deal on a Volt this past weekend. However, I could tell a lot of the folks there had the stereotypical sleazy sales guy vibe.

Spoke to one of the internet sales guys prior to coming in and was handed off to someone else when I came in. He was professional and easy to work with. Honored the deal I was quoted and expected over the phone.

I guess it’s hit or miss with Quirk. They do high volume and there’s a lot of sales people. I guess I got lucky with my sales guy.

The deplorable human being I worked with started last week and at this rate I don’t think he’ll make it a month.

I never met a salesman who tried to convince me his math is better than mine (MIT Math PHD grad here). I was shocked when he said if I put $10k down the car will “maybe be around $150 a month somewhere like that”

And don’t get me started on when he came out and said “I went straight to Mr. Quirk to get $275 a month”

1 Like

I got some higher than expected numbers on a Trax from Quirk as well. To be fair, the numbers I received did not have the 1500 Bonus Cash CCR and was not a Trax with a Bonus Tag which meant I was missing 3000 in rebates. They “couldn’t” find the 1500 Incremental CCR in the system. I was disappointed but not surprised since it looks like most MA dealers aren’t willing to match the crazy deals we are seeing on the Trax.

I wonder if they quoted you a higher MF because those numbers you received are in another planet.

Please don’t try to normalize or trivialize this by saying things like “you are bound to experience things like this”

This was beyond the pale, even for sleazy car dealers.