Just got a GV70 2.5 quote

Why not an XC60?

Great point - the brokers here have solid deals on those. Can probably get 2 XC60s for the price of 1 GV70.

In this market, definitely not 2 for $675 monthly. An XC60 will be cheaper than the GV70 and have some more features.

People who want to impress the valet at Red Lobster.

7 Likes

LMK what kinda Range Rover you can find for 1k/m as of July 2021

The genesis is closer to 1300 for 7.5k miles taking into account the upfront cash and taxes. I don’t know what a RR Sport goes for but I assume it’s in the same ballpark.

1 Like

People that want this car just buy it.

1 Like

No its not. Its about 950 0DAS for a 64k prestige 3.5 with a 1k msrp discount. 36/12. Your math is off. Still stupid high but not 1300.

Agree that $950 is still way too high but the FL dealer someone linked to above has the following:

3.5T Sport 36x7500 $849+tax $3600 due at sign
3.5T Sport Advanced $899+tax $3600 due at sign
3.5T Sport Prestige $959+tax $3600 due at sign

Vinji is well known for charging over msrp to suckers who dont know any better. Why dont you message a few dealers. Also those prices were before the big MF drop.

Bottom line right here.

If you really want this car, buy it.

If you’re hoping for an X3 lease payment, forget about this car.

2 Likes

With this kind of thinking, Genesis will be a very short lived experiment.

1 Like

My cousin inquired about gv70 3.5t and ended up buying it because lease numbers didn’t make sense

It’s a brand new model that just landed, amidst shortages where Hyundai/Genesis was slightly better prepared. Absolutely no car I can remember leased well out of the gate.

In a year, I would expect comparable G70s and GV70s to lease in the same ballpark. As long as Americans prefer SUVs, they won’t lease quite as well as their sedan counterpart.

Which has nothing to do with Genesis surviving, as a stand-alone brand or inside Hyundai as a sub-brand.

What are the odds I just passed a GV70 with their hazard lights on at the side of the road

Maybe Tiger got a new car.

3 Likes

You would be incorrect. Genesis is making money hand over fist with the Gv80/70. With the amount of sales they’re posting, it’s a wonder their strategy was to drop sedans for three years before introducing their first crossover…

Need to wait about 12 to 18 months in this market before seeing very competitive pricing.

OP, if you can wait, just grab a cheap lease now and then reattack when the market cools off and it’s not a brand new model.

1 Like

10k gv80s through June
Nearly 3k g80s

G70s seem to be doing well almost 2800

G90s still on pace (they do way more volume in late months) for 2k cars.

I’d agree that genesis is having a solid year.

It’s no wonder. Why sedans first? Sedans are much more popular in Korea due to size considerations. A BMW X7 (for instance) is too wide for a Seoul-area parking space. Luxury vehicles here are almost all sedans. My wife and I describe one area as “Mercedes attack zone”.

I would steer clear of Genesis for right now. They do not lease well.

1 Like