JUST FYI Tesla won't take ford leases on trade (among others)

Just talked to tesla for about 30 mins. Just incase anyone was wondering as of 2 months ago according to the woman Tesla no longer takes Ford leases on trade.

I got about 4k equity on my Ford lease but can’t trade it to anyone like carvana vroom etc… I will have to buy it out and pay taxes. I will still make a couple grand but I will never lease a Ford again, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Are you in your last six months? Have you tried selling it to a Ford dealer?

If this is due to you being in the last few months of your lease, a few people have reported success with having Ford extend their lease so they aren’t in the final period, and then they’re able to sell.

2 Likes

My lease ends December. I’ve talked to ford financial and my dealer. Both answers were I have to buy it out before I can trade it. My ford dealer is going to call me back with their offer to buy.

Ford typically allows 3rd party buy outs, as long as it’s not in the end of the lease period. If you’re not due until December, you should be fine. This is probably a case of whomever you spoke with only being familiar with the end of term buyout policies.

Carmax will buy out a Ford as long as it’s not in the last 120 days of the lease, per what Carmax corporate told me. Most of the front line people you talk to are only familiar with their end of lease policies.

Carvana will not buy ford leases at all, but that’s because they choose not to deal with it.

That is, unless Ford has recently changed their policy again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.