Jrouleau426 Reviews Specializes in Toyota, National leasing and purchasing deals!

I’ve always wanted a pickup truck but the payments rarely made sense to me. Then I saw Jim’s posts early April and was just in awe at the Tundra’s monthly payments. Finally one morning I said f it I’m getting a pickup. Convincing the wife was another story.

Reached out to Jim 4/18 and locked in his very last Tundra Sport on 4/20. Dealer he connected me with was awesome really chill guy and literally did everything via iMessage. Informed me that it’s still en route and won’t arrive the lot till 5/4. They sent the paperwork soon after it’s arrival.

Reached out to shipper David (awesome guy) gave me an amazing quote to Chicago (he gave my buddy an even more discounted unheard of rate from NJ - Chi) signed it and literally had it picked up the day after.

I did have to pay for about 2 weeks of non-use on the vehicle since the contract was dated for end of April but now that I see the demand for Tundra’s, especially sport ones, I can care less for the payment I got mine at.

Thanks again Jim! Already put the truck to work! (didn’t know I needed one till I got it)

2 Likes

Just going to repeat what has already been said.
I always wanted a Tacoma. While looking online stumbled across this thread.
Texted Jim shot me an awesome price.
Venmoed the money.
Dealer was super easy to work with. Originally was going to have it shipped so the paper work was FedExed to me. Decided to fly out to get it. Landed in PHL. Ubered to dealer. Was literally out of the dealer in 3 minutes. Took longer to get my Chick fliet at the airport.
Super easy process. Will definitely be back in 2 years assuming the great deals are still going on.
10 out of 10

4 Likes

I texted Jim on a Sunday AM after I decided to pull the trigger on a Tacoma lease. His prices could not be touched by any local dealer in the metro Atlanta area. In a couple of hours he had found a truck that fit my criteria.
My truck arrived yesterday via a shipping company. The process for an out of state deal was easy. I will be contacting Jim for another truck in 23 months. Thanks Jim!

6 Likes

I bothered Jim for a whole month but I finally pulled the trigger last Monday. Picked up my black Tacoma Sport yesterday. My first car buying/leasing experience ever. After a 5 hour drive from Boston, dropped off my rental car, walked a half mile down the road and was in and out of dealership in literally 15 min. Extremely friendly, no hassle, and most importantly I freakin love the new truck. Black, w tech and black badges. The drive back was much more enjoyable than the stupid Honda Fit (DONT RECOMMEND) I rented on the way down. Been told by multiple friend that I will never experience an easier buying/leasing experience for the rest of my life.

Will definitely be using Jim in the future.

4 Likes

jim crushed it with my 2020 RAV4 XLE.

awesome communication. resolved any questions or issues extremely promptly. referred me to a great shipping company, and saved me over 100$ a month, as compared to what local dealers quoted me.

monthly: 303$
term: 36/12
das: 0$

thanks so much man, my girlfriend wants a RAV4 now and i already let her know what route i’d take if that’s the next vehicle she goes with.

3 Likes

It has been a year since Jim was able to put me in a 2019 Tundra CM 5.7L for $328/mth (12/24). Working with him through texts was weird at first but it was only a matter of three days before I was driving off the lot in a brand new, sign and drive truck. Every payment with the bank has been easy and spot on, just like he said, with no hidden worries. Only about 12 more months till I will be contacting him again. Amazing experience! Thanks again!

2 Likes

Just picked up my Tundra cm from the dealer. Set it up late one night around 10pm. Payment was exactly what Jim said. I drove 5 hours to pick it up and figured I’d be stuck at the dealer most of the day. Instead in less then 30 mins I was headed back home. Most of the time was spent going over the features. Came with a full tank of gas too!! He beat my local dealers pricing by almost $80 a month. I’ll definitely use him again.

1 Like

The most satisfying vehicle purchasing experience that I’ve ever had, and we’ve had somewhere north of 75 vehicles in fifty years. Although I was in the auto business at both retail and wholesale for 21 yrs, I HATE the negotiation process, esp. working with the “Wizard” behind the curtain (aka the sales manager). I explained to Jim that I wanted a blue Tacoma Sport Double Cab 4WD with dual A/C mandatory - I am married. (Also, I wanted a slightly softer ride than my present 2017 Taco Off-Road model.) While we didn’t get blue, we did lease a loaded black-on-black Sport with leather seats and if there is a factory option missing, I couldn’t find it. Jim beat two local offers by an avg. of $150/mo. The deal was sealed overnight in fewer than 18 hours. Even folding in his commission and the transport cost ($650 for 605 miles), you can easily calculate that we came out w-a-y ahead. Moreover, working with Jim and his dealer was incredibly easy. Sign me: One Satisfied Customer

4 Likes

I rarely leave reviews but feel I should here in case anybody is skeptical. I live in NY and in early June I decided to text Jim about one of the Tundra Sports he had available. Within a few texts, the deal was complete and he turned me over to the dealership, which again, just a few more texts and everything was complete. I had to wait a few weeks for the truck to come in but who cares.

The dealership even made me a good offer on my old truck, allowing me to drive it down to PA, drop it off, and drive the new Tundra back. Overall, the experience was the easiest vehicle purchase I’ve ever had and would recommend Jim to anybody.

1 Like

Late to this but better late than never. Like 14 months late! Great transaction, all went really well with great communication. I’ll be back for more, next time around.

1 Like

Finally getting around to say thank you to @Jrouleau426 for his excellent service.

I have negotiated all of my prior lease deals myself as I once found it to be a bit of fun, however, no longer wanting to put the time and energy into the research, the spreadsheets, the emails, and the phone calls, I found Jim’s thread on Leasehackr.

After a few texts for pricing the Tundra vs Tacoma, I locked in a Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium in Cement in March just prior to the COVID-19 shutdown with terms of 39/12 @ $383/month through US Bank with $0 DAS. This was nearly $100 less than the initial quote from my local dealer for a lesser equipped Tacoma. His PA dealer offered delivery to northern NJ for $200 and I took full advantage! All in all, the drop off process and paperwork took about 5 minutes to complete. The end to end process is truly 100% hassle free.

Those considering the Tacoma vs Tundra - - the Tacoma ultimately won me over as it is the perfect suburban/urban area truck. It is far more maneuverable than the Tundra and gets better fuel economy, I did not need a serious tow vehicle, and although the rear seats are a bit cramped, they work well for local trips with passengers. The premium and tech package are worth the upgrade in my opinion. The leather seats, JBL sound, and Multi-Terrain Monitor are nice additions to have in a pickup truck. If you’re not wanting to spend for the premium and tech, definitely ensure you get the LED headlights! Night driving is incredible and the front sequential turn signals are pretty slick! (see left bottom pic).

With inventory being a bit tight now due to the COVID shutdowns, if Jim can not locate the exact truck you want, I would recommend that you consider purchasing the accessories you want instead of trying to have them residualized in the lease. I picked up some Go Rhino RB-10 running boards for $400 shipped along with a Gator SFX tri-fold tonneau cover for $209 shipped (both pictured above). I easily installed both in an afternoon and will likely just sell them when my lease ends to recoup some of the initial cost. Choosing this route also avoids any vehicle location fee which makes it worth the minimal effort in my opinion.

Lastly, for those questioning deals/pricing - - do your research, follow Jim’s instructions for quotes (they are clearly defined in his first post), and remember that any deal is a snapshot in time. Rebates change, residuals change, rates change, vehicles sell, pandemics hit. It’s Jim’s job to present the deal to you and your job to determine if that deal represents a value to you that warrants your action on it at that specific time.

Thank you Jim. Looking forward to connecting again for my next vehicle lease.

3 Likes

Welp! Just drove a little less than 3 hours and picked this up. Pretty smooth transaction. I was kind of wish washy on the color as I do like the cement. But when I saw the black on black I was in loveeeeee! All my previous trucks have been pretty blacked out! Thanks Jim! :pray::pray::pray:

15 Likes

I was not impressed with Jim. I made an inquiry in the manner in which he specified and I received zero response.

I reached out because I got/am frustrated because the best I have been able to make in my market are in the $500-$585 range per month.

Good thing I am not in a rush…

I am hoping that once inventory increases the discounts will soon follow. $1400 is the best so far. That and only $2500 rebate for my region make for poor deals.

1 Like

I’ve always gotten a response from him and no sales pressure.

He posts when he’s on vacation and won’t be available, you have to check his thread. He must get 100+ potential new customers a day, he’s bound to miss a text, all you have to do is text him again.

2 Likes

I miss texts often due to not looking at my phone for 4-5 hours when doing something and coming back to 40 texts.

It’s very simple to send a follow up a day later. Most people send a follow up an hour later. Then 4 hours after that…

Considering we never spoke you shouldn’t have been impressed or unimpressed either way. You could have easily messaged me here before this rant asking if I got your text. Regardless good luck. Def was not a reason to leave this on my review thread…

3 Likes

Rant? Really? I simply conveyed my personal experience.

According to you I should have been the one to send a follow up message?

I can certainly understand that you are very busy…which is exactly why I submitted my inquiry exactly the way you requested. The “I am really busy” excuse is unfortunate.

1 Like

It’s the epitome of a rant. And an unwarranted one at that. Also please point to where I said “I’m too busy” to answer you. I simply admitted I missed your text, then suggested how you could have remedied that instead of leaving a negative review

2 Likes

So my Tacoma came 2 weeks ago and I’m in love!

Jim was flawless to work with and answered all my questions fast. Couldn’t be a nicer guy!

Killer deal!

Overall, very happy with using Jim. Nothing wrong was because of him and was out of his control.

111/10 would recommend Jim for your new Toyota!

1 Like

Jim is extremely responsive. Sounds like a missed or miscommunication.

2 Likes

I just wanted to offer a review as I recently took possession of the Tundra I got through Jim. Overall I would recommend Jim to friends. The price I got was very good compared to local dealer quotes, and that includes adding in the cost of shipping from PA to CA. Jim also had better selection than the local dealers who all told me “this is the last Tundra, you better move fast.”

One thing I would do differently next time is that I would just fly out and pick up the truck, then drive it across country. Leasing it remotely meant that there was a delay between signing the lease and getting the truck. I could have cut down on that slightly by going to the dealer in person. Also I would just use it as an excuse to be able to see the country.

But overall it was a good experience and whatever nervousness I had initially turned out not to be warranted.

2 Likes