JLR PIN question

I just got an email about jlr pin 10% off msrp for chase private clients. Are these transferable? And does the 10% stack on top of the discounted msrp that the dealer is offering?

Anyone can use it.

No, it doesn’t stack. $0 is rebate, it’s just a voucher for a 10% dealer discount.

1 Like

Thanks… So not worth much. Besides, the 3 dealers I called said they don’t accept it because they don’t get paid from JLR. Not sure if it’s true or not but regardless they won’t take it

1 Like

It’s true, they don’t get anything from it. We’ll except them on low end inventory but won’t take them on Sports or Full-Size RRs

Gotcha. Thanks!

I think it depends on the market, I’ve been looking at an RR fullsize, they’ll all take it with base mf.

2 Likes

Curious if anyone knows if the 2020 Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic is an SVR? I know it’s part of the SVO class but SVAutobiography and SVR are 2 different sub-classes of the SVO(special vehicle operation) division. Can anyone confirm this please? I want to use a Chase Private 10% coupon offer and it says, “excludes all SVR vehicles”

It’s not an SVR car. It’s one step below. Should be good to go with an CPC pin if you have a willing dealer.

1 Like

I’m going to have to go back to the dealer with it and present the evidence stating my vehicle is NOT excluded, even though they already know this. Over the last 3 months I’ve been in contact with JLR because the dealership says that my SVAutobiography is an SVR which is excluded. I called customer service for JLR and they agreed that the coupon should be valid and claimed to have been looking into it. Now, 3 months later, after many calls and emails, they say they can not do anything at the JLR level and it’s up to the dealership. I’m so frustrated. Originally, I was certain that they would honor it and therefore paid sticker price on the car. I’m too bitter at this point to not think about it every time I get into the vehicle. Then if that is not enough, my salesman forgot to give me the Activity Band that came with the car and was also missing the rear cargo carrier. I had to call after catching each were missing and drove back to pick it up. I was told they would have to order the carrier as it was not at the dealership. That was the beginning of August and I still never heard from the dealership. I never imagined I would see such crap from RR after my 106K purchase. This coupon offer was actually presented to me twice. One as a Private Chase Member and then I received the same offer after attending the exhibit for JLR at the 2020 Chicago Auto Show. They are identical offers and the reps at the autoshow specifically told me to go in to dealership with it. We are not talking about a coupon on a gallon of milk here. This is 10% off list. Maybe I did not contact the right people at JLR. There’s got to be someone out there to present this situation to. Any thoughts?

An editor would help, my friend.

So you already bought the car? If so it’s a done deal and nothing can be done. Enjoy it.

In the future, don’t sign for a car at MSRP! If you want to stay a private client, at least.

1 Like

Well it’s always to dealer discretion. It doesn’t matter what JLR says, it’s always up to the dealer.

2 Likes

Yes, but the coupon was given to them at time of purchase and they just lied and told me it did not apply to my vehicle which I researched immediately and found out was not the truth. It’s hard to just let go. This is why so many dealerships get such a bad wrap. It’s always something.