JeepHackr - Grand Cherokee Discussion

I didn’t see anything in that thread that said 4xE will have any other color options, it’s also just an internet thread with no proof of anything.

1 Like

Did anyone get an idea on lead time from their dealers? I got a we have no idea from the dealer.

So did anyone place order on GC 4xe yet?

I know V6 & V8 order banks are open but not sure about 4xe.

Ordered mine last week, no price, no lead time, nothing.

So is that an actual order they submit to Stellantis, or just dealer taking down your info/specs to submit as soon as they’re able to do so?

An actual submitted order. Order banks are open.

1 Like

Dealer sent me POC with Von #. I didn’t bother asking for a Vin yet because it’s pointless right now. I don’t think I’ll see it until May/June, maybe longer.

Thank you, I just submit my build.

VIN will be assigned once its built.

VIN gets assigned WWWAAAYYYYY before then

Maybe, in my experience Jeep assigned when car was built. But that was back in 2018 and my JL was built in a week from pacing an order. So things may have changed.

VIN gets assigned when the order gets accepted by Jeep. A couple days after the order is placed, unless there’s a major hold up.

If they were building within a week of placing the order, I could definitely see how timelines could get blurred.

I’ve had the VIN for one of my 4xe orders for about 2 months already and it hasn’t even been scheduled for production yet.

1 Like

I have the VIN for my GC 4xe order as well. No other info other than anticipated discount from the dealer.

When is GC 4XE supposed to go into production? March/April for deliveries sometime in May/June?

I don’t know that anyone actually knows. If we go by Jeep’s website, it isn’t available until “Winter 2022”. Of course, if it becomes available between January and March of 22, that technically is still winter.

2 Likes

I placed my order last week and only have VON. How long did it take to get the VIN?

It was less than a week. Dealer sent over when it was available.

1 Like

Yeah. The website used to say Winter 2021 so hopefully it is early 2022.

Just bumping so hopefully someone with news sees it and posts

Don’t know that there’s much news to be had. Pricing still doesn’t exist yet.

With the way these are going with the GC 4XE, it’s doesn’t seem well see these at dealerships until the spring, at the earliest .